Not sure if you ever found out more about Futurity First, but I'd love to hear from you if you've found out more. I'm looking to work with them, but I'm not sold yet. Below are my pros and cons.
The areas that I find attractive with Futurity First are the following:
1) Local Support, Training, and marketing
2) Solution based selling that is focused on clients needs first
3) Product portfolio is solid, but they don't include every carrier under the sun, only a select group of top rated companies.
4) Expanding my current sales knowledge beyoned major med and life to include med supp, annuities, and LTC
5) Focus on career agents:matching 401K, 50/50 split on health insurance, and they pay half of FICA as well as take care of all other taxes for typical w-2 wages.
6) They pay E/O
7) They help pay for leads, etc.
The areas that I'm questioning about the opportunity are:
1)Commissions are extremely low (eventhough they pay 50% for all business on submit except health)
2)I will be captive to their carriers, and there are other good companies to work with.
3)I'm not sure that my part-time status with them will yield the results I want. (they are willing to let me work with them at 20-25 hrs./wk.; but I'm a full-time associate minister; there may be weeks where I can't put that much time in, and when you take into consideration going from a 20% to 22% commission rate on health to 14% to 17% with them, I'm not sure that this is the smartest decision; plus my life commissions will drop by about 40%)