Getting Appointed with P/C Company Independent

imperatorrex

Hi Everyone

So I am currently with an IMO selling Mortgage Protection and other life insurance services in California. I have a background in selling P/C insurance and still have an active license. I asked my IMO if I would be allowed to sell Auto/Home on the side and they said that's fine.

My question is what companies would allow me to use them to sell auto/home. My first thought is Allied/nationwide. Any others in California I should look for?

Thank you very much for your time.

Hi Everyone

So I am currently with an IMO selling Mortgage Protection and other life insurance services in California. I have a background in selling P/C insurance and still have an active license. I asked my IMO if I would be allowed to sell Auto/Home on the side and they said that's fine.

My question is what companies would allow me to use them to sell auto/home. My first thought is Allied/nationwide. Any others in California I should look for?

Thank you very much for your time.

Not that it is impossible but the better carriers out there that you will want or need, most likely wont give you a direct appointment. You can try some non standard carriers like progressive & infinity for auto. A better option for you may be to look into a GA like Agent Secure or Superior Access so you can get carriers like Safeco, Travelers, etc. If you dont want to pay a monthly fee with the GA's to gain access to carries, then maybe try a wholesaler like RIC. Hopefully this will help a little.

Last edited:
Back