Getting Started in the Insurance industry

kc,
not sure if you got my earlier note.

I think I know of a great fit for you... I just one my companies ACE award (which means I sold a ton last year)

mo is out of my area so I have no interest in recruiting you but if you want some direction offline you can email me at [email protected] or call cell at 248-345-2597.

mich guy

I agree. There are many people on here who have become proficient at telling agents "what they know what they want to hear", "blowing smoke", as opposed to giving them accurate, real life information.

I talked to a new agent yesterday and he told me that he was told if he followed a particular "system" that he would shortly be selling forty Med Supps per month.

He wanted to believe it and was very skeptical when I said I didn't think he would be able to do that as a brand new agent.

I don't "blow smoke" at agents. Even a gentle breeze will make it go away.

Frank, have you ever noticed what selective hearing these newbies have? They swallow some company's or recruiter's B.S. hook line and sinker and then ignore genuine advice given by people with real life experience who have no vested interest in what they do. Then they ignore you and have to learn the hard way.

Last edited:
Frank, have you ever noticed what selective hearing these newbies have. They swallow some companies or recruiters B.S. hook line and sinker and then ignore genuine advice given by people with real life experience who have no vested interest in what they do. Then they ignore you and have to learn the hard way.

Most definitely. They are only interested in hearing the answers they want to hear, they recoil when someone tells them the way it really is.

I have had agents call and tell me that they have been told by someone that they have a super duper secret system for writing tons of apps a month and wanted to know if I have that same secret system. I tell them no, that it doesn't exist. Many don't believe me because that isn't what they want to hear.

Most definitely. They are only interested in hearing the answers they want to hear, they recoil when someone tells them the way it really is.

I have had agents call and tell me that they have been told by someone that they have a super duper secret system for writing tons of apps a month and wanted to know if I have that same secret system. I tell them no, that it doesn't exist. Many don't believe me because that isn't what they want to hear.

I had a friend, a career changer, all excited going to work for Bankers Life. I told him that I knew quite a bit about Bankers and that he might want to consider other options and that I would be happy to have lunch with him and share some of what I knew about who to work for. He was so enthused he never called me and plunged on ahead. The next time I saw him three months later he had already left Bankers and went back to his old job. He told me it wasn't what he thought it would be and what they told him it was. Can you imagine that? If he would have listened to me...........................

I had a friend, a career changer, all excited going to work for Bankers Life. I told him that I knew quite a bit about Bankers and that he might want to consider other options and that I would be happy to have lunch with him and share some of what I knew about who to work for. He was so enthused he never called me and plunged on ahead. The next time I saw him three months later he had already left Bankers and went back to his old job. He told me it wasn't what he thought it would be and what they told him it was. Can you imagine that? If he would have listened to me...........................

LOL had to laugh because that's what I didexcept it was aflac! I also made the mistake of going with UIG. They definiterly tell you a lot of stuff that isn't quite true. I'm working on getting back to work. I've been off for 11 months brcause of hip replacements & my mother's illness. I checked out Edward Jones & it sounds just like aflac. The only thing I came away with from UIG was some experience, no book of business, but a desire to help people understand the different insurances.

LOL had to laugh because that's what I didexcept it was aflac! I also made the mistake of going with UIG. They definiterly tell you a lot of stuff that isn't quite true. I'm working on getting back to work. I've been off for 11 months brcause of hip replacements & my mother's illness. I checked out Edward Jones & it sounds just like aflac. The only thing I came away with from UIG was some experience, no book of business, but a desire to help people understand the different insurances.

AFLAC and Edward Jones are two totally different levels of companies...Yes Edward jones does make you do some cold walking which sounds like what AFLAC wants but they are two totally different opportunities.

I'm also looking to get into the insurance industry. Does anyone have any feedback on the PajamaMan program?(Andy Ross)

Thanks.

I am also new. Got duped into getting a license by AIL. But now that I have it I would like to put it to use. I know nothing so people seem to suggest starting with a captive company. Where would I find a company to talk to in my area? I live in indiana. Any guidance would be most appreciated.

the best way to contact me if through email. lurch632 at gmail.com

Back