Getting Started in the Insurance industry

has anyone heard of Asurea? I will be new to the business and am looking at doing my test and starting with this company? Any thought or ideas out their???

Make sure you weigh all your options. I've had agents ask for releases to move their contracts to me with little to know success.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
i have no idea how to start a new thread in this forum. just want to put this out there to warn other unsuspecting agents from losing money. If anyone is thinking about working with a gentleman named Ed Gentry, please email me @ [email protected] BEFORE YOU GIVE HIM ANY MONEY FOR LEADS!!! I will give you an honest account of what my experience with him has been, which has NOT BEEN GOOD. DON'T BE TAKEN IN.

If you're looking for other options to sell life over the phone and you're willing to put in time on the phone calling leads. Give me a call. No huge financial commitment.

Last edited:
Hi im a beginner here and since I can't make new threads I really don't know where to put this....

Im currently working at a manufacturing job with excellent benefits and solid pay with about a max ceiling of 40,000 a year take home. While it is a good job I am young (21) and wanted to start in the insurance sales industry health and life to start.

There are a number of reasons for this, partially my awful hours of 6pm-6am fr-sun and 6-midnight on mobdays but I digress.

My thought is that as awful as my shift is it presents me with a unique opportunity to work in this industry part time or practically time because of my off days.

Do you think my odd shift gives me a unique advantage to make a slow start into the industry at my own pace as opposed to a 9-5 5 days a week worker?
What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

I read all twenty-seven pages and took notes which includes Franks phone number. My question is about licensing.

Can I buy a used book on Amazon like
Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram

for $12, read it and hope to pass the MA L&H exam?
Can I get suggestions for study materials? Is it reasonable as a complete newbie to think I can get licensed, contract to sell supplemental policies, create my own prospecting system and start making money?
Suggestions for companies I can contract with as a new agent? If the better recommendation is to work for someone else getting started, who do I contact?

I liked taking classes in person through Kaplan whenever I took my exams. And yes, I've taken plenty. Because of moving around, not because I'm a total failure, however, I have failed them before. Take a class if possible, either online or in person.
Hi im a beginner here and since I can't make new threads I really don't know where to put this....

Im currently working at a manufacturing job with excellent benefits and solid pay with about a max ceiling of 40,000 a year take home. While it is a good job I am young (21) and wanted to start in the insurance sales industry health and life to start.

There are a number of reasons for this, partially my awful hours of 6pm-6am fr-sun and 6-midnight on mobdays but I digress.

My thought is that as awful as my shift is it presents me with a unique opportunity to work in this industry part time or practically time because of my off days.

Do you think my odd shift gives me a unique advantage to make a slow start into the industry at my own pace as opposed to a 9-5 5 days a week worker?
What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

My wife works a shift similar to that, but she absolutely hates to work on her days off. I started a small business, thought she would work for me part time... wrong!! She got mad. If you don't mind giving up your days off, you could transition into insurance. And eventually quit the other job. Yes, it can be done, just make sure you do not mind "giving up" your days off. Most people value them, as I found out by my wife getting mad.

Last edited:
Well speaking of which I will be getting married this may, this is simply an option and this clearly something I want to talk about with my wife to be.
However I intend to have this next year as mostly a learning year since she's going into nursing and will be in school for a year soon. By the time she's done that she Will make starting more than I make at my job, so im looking at something for me down the road. Not because my machismo is so great I can't live with the idea that my wife makes more than me, but more of the prospect of having kids down the road and being able to support our family then when she's working very little or not at all.

I liked. taking classes in person through Kaplan whenever I took my exams. And yes, I've taken plenty. Because of moving around, not because I'm a total failure, however, I have failed them before. Take a class if possible, either online or in person.

My wife works a shift similar to that, but she absolutely hates to work on her days off. I started a small business, thought she would work for me part time... wrong!! She got mad. If you don't mind giving up your days off, you could transition into insurance. And eventually quit the other job. Yes, it can be done, just make sure you do not mind "giving up" your days off. Most people value them, as I found out by my wife getting mad.

My wife works a shift similar to that, but she absolutely hates to work on her days off. I started a small business, thought she would work for me part time... wrong!! She got mad. If you don't mind giving up your days off, you could transition into insurance.

Working on ones "day off" is the difference between someone who is working just to make some money and that same person working to build a business and career.

Employees get days off, business owners do what ever is necessary to build their business. Those with an employee attitude should remain employees and not attempt to be a business owner.

Working on ones "day off" is the difference between someone who is working just to make some money and that same person working to build a business and career.

Employees get days off, business owners do what ever is necessary to build their business. Those with an employee attitude should remain employees and not attempt to be a business owner.

This.

Some people want to be successful so bad that the idea of taking off is just foreign. Why take off if someone wants to give me money and I'm interested in letting them?

This.

Some people want to be successful so bad that the idea of taking off is just foreign. Why take off if someone wants to give me money and I'm interested in letting them?

Exactly. I take time off but it is usually for a reason, not just to not be working. But, I still enjoy what I do even after eighteen years. I get excited every time I make a sale.

First, think about the population you want to market your insurance products too. Men, women, the elderly, middle class, or upper class, etc. Make sure you know your products, and remember every person you come in contact with is a prospective client.

Wow guys, after being a forum member here since I think September, I passed my test today!

I wouldn't change a thing though. I took that time to soak up all the info I could from various members here and since I made the decision to go independent I have also saved a substantial amount of money to allow me to grow my business without the worry of bills for quite awhile.

So excited to get started!

Back