Getting Started in the Insurance industry

Hey CC dont give up. I have a long past too. It took 4 months of FBI investigations, but they never asked a question. I just got my L/H lic last week.

Your problem was being a resident of Kalifornia comrade. It's almost like it was an international request to the FBI :)

Thank you'll for your kind words . I will not give up . I have came a long ways and I know god has a plan for me . I want to be the agent that is there to help people inform them and give the. What they honestly need not just sell them something . I am very fortunate to have a great mentor . I will give updates as to progress . I am studying now through pro schools online . I hope to be ready to go take state exam for my p&c sometime in September . I am very thank full that this forum is here it gives me tons of great information .

What Age group do you want to focus on? I recommend study for your test see how what part you understand the most. If your going captive, I would go with Northwestern Mutual. You also have to interview the Mgr This will say a lot. However, if you want overall training see if you can get in with Physicians Mutual they sell Med Supp,Life Dental, Critical Illness, and Annuities. Their offices are usally small and provide lots of hand holding until you are comfortable going solo, and provide leads free.

Hi everybody; this is my first post. I am male under thirty and just ready to embark on an insurance career. I will begin as an independant p+c producer and add life and financials after year one. It seems to me that with the brokers expecting to own the book or get paid for 2 years worth of commission if I want to take it with me that it will be near impossible to go on my own in the distant future or change brokerages for a better split.Therfore I had better get my best deal right up front. What commission splits should I be looking for and should I suggest "let the customer decide" for the book ownership. I know everything is negotiable but what are the normal range and normal agreements? Thanks everybody. I would appreciate replies from both new and experienced producers. Thanks again I am looking forward to your advice. John

----------

Last edited:
Back