Getting Started in the Insurance industry

Hello everyone, I am new to the insurance industry. I live in Montgomery Alabama. I am currently working for Liberty National selling life insurance. Although I am not happy with the company I have discovered that I enjoy selling insurance. I was recently offered employment with One Life America. They claim that they will give me the leads that are necessary for me to be successful. Whereas, Liberty National gives me outdated leads that consist of wrong numbers or people that have called so much til they are rude. Therefore, my question is this. Is anyone familiar with One Life America and if so is this a good company to work for and if not would anyone know of a good company to work for in Alabama.. Thanks

Hello everyone, I am new to the insurance industry. I live in Montgomery Alabama. I am currently working for Liberty National selling life insurance. Although I am not happy with the company I have discovered that I enjoy selling insurance. I was recently offered employment with One Life America. They claim that they will give me the leads that are necessary for me to be successful. Whereas, Liberty National gives me outdated leads that consist of wrong numbers or people that have called so much til they are rude. Therefore, my question is this. Is anyone familiar with One Life America and if so is this a good company to work for and if not would anyone know of a good company to work for in Alabama.. Thanks

Search for Parker and associates. Same company. You will get out dated leads for a45% contract. I work Montgomery a lot. Good area but you need to run from one life!

[email protected]

Try American classic agency..
You will get current leads . They have all types of leads.
You do pay for them (partially subsidized), but the quality is good and you will get double the contract that way...

You got a license without knowing what you want to do? Isn't that kinda backwards?

What did you have in mind when you got licensed?

Which license did you get?

Since you were in the education field, you should have known to study before jumping right in. That said, the learning curve is not too great if you jump in with both feet and learn to sell one type of insurance and get really good at it before expanding your syllabus.

We are hiring licensed health and life agents to work open enrollment November 15th - February 15th. Work from home or in one of our enrollment centers. We will train you and guide you on how to get clients and service clients year round. If you are interested in being a managing agent and opening your own enrollment center we can help you with that as well.

message or call 1-800-SPAM to speak to an agent about commission structure and training by October 30th

If you are not licensed we will pay for your license!

----------

Getting started is not so hard. You just take the class, pass the test then take your credentials to different insurance companies that are hiring.

Those are some pretty high standards your company has there.

Last edited:
High standards? The number didn't show up but anyone can contact us here by responding.

Hello,

I am new in the business and received an email to attend an insurance convention hosted by some new insurance association called BIG Independent Group minivention trade show. Me and my friend who attended had no clue. The trade show was very tiny (funny their name is BIG) and most of the companies were not appointing new agents. There were more vendors here than insurance companies and just felt hounded the whole time I was there to signup for something I dont need. This seems like a one man show and not about helping agents grow. Seems like a money grab and was a complete waste of my time. I was able to signup with Superior Access Insurance and they give me access to all the top A rated insurance carriers I need. I guess this trade show would be good for insurance brokers who wanted insurance company appointments to write hard to write risk. Big Independent Group is defiantly the DUI of insurance associations. They remind me of that movie Cedar Rapids where they go to an insurance convention to find out the people that win the insurance awards are the sponsors who PAID the most. Also, check out their website www biginsusa com. I called to get a "member" quote for errors and omissions insurance and they referred me to someone who chargers a $250 broker fee. How is this a savings to the member? Also, How do you save 25% of continuing education cost with a vendor who charges 3 times more than anyone else. When you look at their website it says nothing about the people running it. There were only 2 men that i saw with the mics and one was the president of BIG independent group who also worked for a vendor QQ Solutions. Funny now i keep getting emails from QQ. They should let the insurance producers in the industry know who is behind this association. If you check their facebook page you will see they like to party a lot. Where is all this money going? Didn't look like it was being reinvested. I could throw a trade show with a table and 2 chairs with a banner.

What do you think about insurance associations? Are there any reputable ones still around?

Back