Getting Started in the Insurance industry

He hasn't posted here in over 5 years. What makes you think he is even still in the business?
jdeasy, how should I know unless I ask? If I get a response, good, and if I don't, there's a good chance he/she is no longer active. It appears that you don't have anything better to do than to send unhelpful responses. Find something more productive to do.

@ saleen247, where do you work. I know it's an old post, but you said you make 7-10 sales/day?

1st thing to know about the forum, 99.9% of the posters that post offers or how they do their amazing "systems" are out of business within 90-days.

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I recently passed my Illinois Life and Accident/health exams. I have a couple 2nd interviews lined up, one with Aflac and the other is NYlife and I've also been told to look at a couple internet based companies such as Geico and Progressive. I want to make a decision by next week but I came here hoping to get a little more guidance. I look forward to the help.

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I recently passed my Illinois Life and Accident/health exams. I have a couple 2nd interviews lined up, one with Aflac and the other is NYlife and I've also been told to look at a couple internet based companies such as Geico and Progressive. I want to make a decision by next week but I came here hoping to get a little more guidance. I look forward to the help.

Hey I like any guy that revives a year old thread to introduce himself and save us a whole new thread!!!

Hi everyone

I have recently moved from NY to Charlotte and interested in going independent. I have worked for major banks in NY and have insurance and securities license.
Could some one please share their expertise as to where to start from.
I have transferred my insurance and health license to NC but have to figure out what to do with securities license.
I wish to work from home and cold calling have been my expertise.
Look forward to some expert advice.
Thanks in advance.

Hello all, I would love to hear everyone's advice on my situation. I currently am a teacher but am friends with the DM for Farmers in this area. An elderly insurance agent is retiring and the dm wants to give her book of around 600 policies to me. The only other farmers agent in the city is also elderly and close to retirement. My wife and I are nervous about making the career change to insurance but think that this might be too good of an opportunity to pass up. Thoughts? What kind of salary would I be looking at?

Hello all, I would love to hear everyone's advice on my situation. I currently am a teacher but am friends with the DM for Farmers in this area. An elderly insurance agent is retiring and the dm wants to give her book of around 600 policies to me. The only other farmers agent in the city is also elderly and close to retirement. My wife and I are nervous about making the career change to insurance but think that this might be too good of an opportunity to pass up. Thoughts? What kind of salary would I be looking at?

I left teaching math to Middle School for a 2-20 but I also had many years of sales experience prior to teaching. When the economy went under around '07, I reinvented myself.

If you don't have the passion for sales and networking I wouldn't do it. You get a steady paycheck as a teacher with 3 months off. Use the downtime to dabble in insurance and see if it is truly for you.

I would not do it for Farmers.

Back