Getting Started in the Insurance industry

I think you qualify for an exemption if you get the right paperwork and go through the proper channels from the Florida people (board). And make sure to do it within a very reasonable time frame.

Hey all,

So I'm thinking of becoming an independent agent to pick up some extra income selling life insurance. Any thoughts? How easy is it to get connected to AAA companies like PennMutual or MassMutual, to be able to sell these life policies?

Should I set up an LLC for this or do it in my personal capacity?

I'm tentatively scheduled to take the TX exam next week and feel confident passing it.

Hi
I am new to this-- So I am looking into getting into the insurance industry. I have no experience with insurance and need some help. Do i try to get a job with an insurance agency or should I get my insurance license first. Would love some incite on where to start.

my one cents worth

ok , so here is my penny's worth or advice s a 29 year veteran, and it is not to go with a life and health agency. Find the biggest independent agency in your town. Thats right and they probably either dont have a life/ health guy or need one. tell them you would like to help them with their life health needs. Get your property and casualty license and niche market and association, a home builder, air conditioner whatever is big in your town. go to the meetings, eat the rubber chicken, get as much help from the agency as you can. you will bring in p&C to the agency, dont have to know about P&C but the point is to back door it to the life.

just my opinion

Hello everyone, I first want to start off by saying that this forum is amazing with all of the collective information shared here and thank you to all who have contributed. I am looking at getting into insurance, still undecided as to which particular type but I am leaning towards Life and Health.

Here is my situation; I would greatly appreciate any advice or feedback. I am currently in mortgage (own a branch, which I will be closing) and need to "hit the ground running" due to low funds. I can get by with a low income for the first few months, but would like to make at least 50K my first year. I realize this all depends on me, but I'm looking for advice as to what insurance would alot me the highest probability of doing so.

I have interviewed with MetLife, but I don't know if I will take the position. I want to go independent, but desire good training because I want to have a good foundation.
So I have a few questions.

1. Are there any good independent insurance agencies that offer good training to a newbie? I am near Kansas City.

2. Would you recommend going independent for someone who needs to make 2-3k starting by their second month?

3. How would one go about finding these companies?

4. Is Life and Health a good choice to try and make a good living through hard work on your first year?

5. Anyone know about the market in Kansas/Missouri for L&H?

Thank you guys for reading my post and any information.

Back