Getting Started in the Insurance industry

you can tranfer it but call the depty of financial services in FL. I have lived in FL for 6 years loking to move to VA. that's funny. Manasas or Roanoke
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
you can transfer the license here to FL> I am moving to VA in early 2010. been in FL since 2003. it's a great place to visit but...........

Last edited:
:1wink:I' ll make this short and sweet as I am a total newcomer to selling insurance I will be starting shortly and will get training and hopefully have the opportunity to sell ASAP. If I sell some policies and so I send some apps -how long is the underwriting generally? Than after that goes thru how long generally does it take to see your commission. I am captive/independent -waiting to see. Life,health and annuitys but mainly supplemental insureance-disability ,health supp and life insurance.

:1wink:I' ll make this short and sweet as I am a total newcomer to selling insurance I will be starting shortly and will get training and hopefully have the opportunity to sell ASAP. If I sell some policies and so I send some apps -how long is the underwriting generally? Than after that goes thru how long generally does it take to see your commission. I am captive/independent -waiting to see. Life,health and annuitys but mainly supplemental insureance-disability ,health supp and life insurance.

No way to answer that question, unfortunately, other than with a big "it depends."

Life insurance - small non-med policies can be issued as quickly as same-day (RBC ExpressTerm) or can take up to a month or so to be finalized. Medically underwritten policies can take around 45 days if you don't stay on the ball.

My personal record for Quickest Health Insurance App is issued within 45 minutes of application. My longest took four months to issue (that case was a disaster).

My point is that it's kinda all over the place, depending on a hundred factors. Unfortunately, if you're looking for immediate money then insurance kinda sucks. It's great for money within 60 days, though.

No way to answer that question, unfortunately, other than with a big "it depends."

Life insurance - small non-med policies can be issued as quickly as same-day (RBC ExpressTerm) or can take up to a month or so to be finalized. Medically underwritten policies can take around 45 days if you don't stay on the ball.

My personal record for Quickest Health Insurance App is issued within 45 minutes of application. My longest took four months to issue (that case was a disaster).

My point is that it's kinda all over the place, depending on a hundred factors. Unfortunately, if you're looking for immediate money then insurance kinda sucks. It's great for money within 60 days, though.
Thanks for the response and that makes sense but are you familar with other insurances? Do you only sell health? I have a life health and annuity license and so have more areas to sell(supplemental insurances))..what about accident insurance or diability. Life or term insurance..Is health the same as the rest or is there some categorys that are quicker to accomplish? My idea of making money to get started is just to make sure I can cover the bills..I am not trying to be greedy and just sell without thinking..I want to make money my first month working and collect some money within that same month..I am tired of borrowing and selling and paying late etc..But I also want to be responsible when I do sell insurance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

sorry I didin't read your comments completely..Been tired staying up all night the past several nights working on my holiday yard sale. I see where you mentioned about life and non-medical policys. So that is really good to hear at least. Now hopefully I can stay awake a few more hours and read thru a few more..thank you again.

Last edited:
Hi! I am happy to have found this forum. I am reading alot on here and trying to understand the different types of insurance and how to become an independant insurance agent. Does anyone have any advice on which type of insurance is best to sell while just starting out? Does it make a difference which type? Any advice would be gratly appreciated! Thank you

P and C will not be the answer. You need to have a lot of clients before you can make a living doing it.

I would start with Health and Life.

Find your niche.

Hello,

I am brand new to this industry, I just passed my Utah exam and got my license. I have two job offers one for Aflac and one for Insphere Insurance Solutions. Can anyone give me any advice on either of these two companies?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I am brand new to this industry, I just passed my Utah exam and got my license. I have two job offers one for Aflac and one for Insphere Insurance Solutions. Can anyone give me any advice on either of these two companies?

Aflac is a starving artist company and I know nothing of the other. There are lots of opinions on aflac and you can read for yourself thru the different ones and so this should give you a good idea about aflac. Good luck

Hello,

It would be very helpful is we knew what kind of insurance you want to sell.

There is plenty of information on AFLAC, I suggest you do a search of the posts.

I am not familiar with Insphere Insurance Solutions. It sounds like it is an insurance agency. There are several things you need to be aware of if you are going to sign with an insurance agency.

First and foremost, find out if you or the agency will be the Agent of Record on all the business you write. If you are not, then all the commission and renewal checks will go to the agency and they will be paying you. (Usually not the best deal for the agent.)

Before you sign anything ask what your percent of commission will be and then do the research and find out what is considered "Street Level Commissions. On occasion agents have signed up with an agency only to find out later that they are only receiving a greatly reduced commission over what they may have been able to get elsewhere.

Yes Insphere is an insurance agency. They are basically a broker for health, life, retirement, United Health, Franklin ect.
They are backed up by Blackstone and Goldman Sachs, which I don't know in this day and age if that is a good thing. Insphere does supply you with leads, which Aflac does not. But the manager at Insphere will not give me straight answer on commission structure, plus he is really trying to sell me on going with his company instead of Aflac. It seems like they are trying to get as many sales people on as possible. I know Aflac is a reputable company but from what I have read it is pretty hard to make money selling thier limited product, especially if you are brand new to this industry.

Back