Getting Started. Need Advice About Getting Out There!

"I am sure I should do all of these"
I would avoid doing #3 and #4.

Certainly there is nothing wrong with letting your friends and family know what you do and you should get business that way (and then, hopefully many referrals).

I agree. #3 and #4 could be too intrusive.

----------

Sending out to Facebook is important in that it lets your friends and family know what you're doing and there is potential to be top of the mind when they start looking for insurance. That being said, probably not the best way to get business because most college kids are struggling with debt after college and don't usually look to get insurance right away..

Maybe try joining network organizations like chamber of commerces for your city or local after work networking meetings. Places like that get you in front of people and makes it easier to sell than just straight cold-calling..

Dvdman - First thing you have to do is identify your market. Who is going to buy your product. When a surgeon performs an operation, he doesn't open the entire body like a stuffed turkey and just start cutting away. He identifies a specific body part and goes to work. You have to do the same. Your approach of willy nilly, will yield little if any results. A hunter shoots with a scope for a reason, you need to do the same thing. The best thing you can do is build a network. Join the local Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Clubs, Young Business groups etc. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back