Getting Started with Project 100/200

Jonnyboy

I am just starting out with a life insurance company right now, is their a way I can achieve a mailing list of at least a 100 people even if I only know about 10-20 people?

I remember reading something on this forum about using lifeshack or any other internet leads for accumulating a mailing list would this be a good option?

If you just need addresses you could use info USA. Free from most libraries. Pretty easy to use. Not fastest but you prob have more time than money right now. These will not be leads in any form. Just data. Shouldn't take too long to get 100 out of there.

Hope that helps.

----------

White pages.com. lookup who you know and there is a neighbors button that will show surrounding residences. Scrub against DNC if you are calling though. You don't want to just call willy nilly. 20 known should generate 100 total with some quick work.

Do you really only know about 10-20 people? Or do you only have 10-20 people that you consider friends that you're comfortable contacting about this?

Open up your phone, how many people are there? Go on facebook, how many people do you know there?

The project 200 idea can really help you to launch your career if you do it right, but if you just buy a list of names it won't do anything. I know calling all of your friends about your new job sucks, but if you aren't too pushy about it you won't loose any friends from it either. Just call, say hi, tell them what you're doing now, ask if they can think of anyone who would want to look at that, say thank you, and that's the end of it. They'll almost all say no at first, but they'll slowly trickle in over time.

It's more about making people aware of what you do so that when a need arises they think of you than it is about twisting their arm to meet with you now. Your manager may disagree with me on that though so if they tell you to call your friends every day until they meet with you, don't, you will loose friends over that.

Ok, I know that making people aware is important, but don't most people say that learning how to market yourself to individuals you don't know is more important than going to your warm market? This way you will succeed in the long run instead of using up all the people you know first and then having to learn how to market yourself afterwards.

Ok, I know that making people aware is important, but don't most people say that learning how to market yourself to individuals you don't know is more important than going to your warm market? This way you will succeed in the long run instead of using up all the people you know first and then having to learn how to market yourself afterwards.

You really need to do both if you're going to have a fighting chance. The most important thing is getting in front of people. The second most important thing is getting referrals to people you can get in front of. If you do a decent job on your project 200 you should be able to get some referrals to people you'd never have met otherwise.

Not everyone does it this way, and a lot of the shops that actually do use the project 200 are way too aggressive about it. I think a more balanced approach is better. Either way getting started is hard and doing everything you can to succeed is the only way you're going to make it.

Back