Getting Started - STUDYING THE BOOK?

ummmmmm cassette tape? No one told me about a cassette tape. Please point me in the right direction to purchase one.

Do they make them specifically for states or just general knowledge?

ummmmmm cassette tape? No one told me about a cassette tape. Please point me in the right direction to purchase one.

Do they make them specifically for states or just general knowledge?

It was for Texas, but it was 5 1/2 years ago, and I can't remember where I found it, hell, I can barely remember what I had for dinner last night. LOL

I will see if I can find what I did with it and get you that information. I just hope I didn't you it as a bon fire after I passed my test.
:D

I used ExamFX Interactive Online Training. Read each chapter once, took the quizes at the end of each chapter until I had a high level of proficiency, and then took the practice exam over and over. Passed the NC state exam on the first try.

Only problem is now I don't have any written materials to use as a resource.

I used ExamFX Interactive Online Training. Read each chapter once, took the quizes at the end of each chapter until I had a high level of proficiency, and then took the practice exam over and over. Passed the NC state exam on the first try.

Only problem is now I don't have any written materials to use as a resource.

I used examfx.com also.

Cassettes? You can get CD's & DVD's. I suppose you could find 8 tracks and cassettes on ebay, but I have to imagine the laws have changed a little since they were published ;)

We can't avoid getting overwhelmed or confused when reading a book where we are not that familiar with the terms or even the things that are being discussed. I started with some research on the basics like the terminology so when I read the book it is easier to understand. Online exams also are very helpful in preparation for the exam.

Save yourself some frustration and use some type of instructor led insurance course. Good instructors highlight the most important materials and give real life example to help build a good base. Many of the insurance books out there are not stand alone products and quite frequently are used as a base text manual to be taught from in a instructor led live course.

The addition of taking practice exams on a computer really helps students get in the right mindset for the big test day, especially if they have test anxiety.

You will read it over and over again, as mentioned in this thread, test takers quite often don't read the whole question. You should read each question two or three times without looking at the answers. Be on the look out for insurance exam questions with "Except" on the end of them ;). If you read the question a couple times you are more likely to catch this tricky word.

Also keep in mind that we have never had a student take the full allotted time for the exam. Not to say that it won't happen to you, but keep in mind most people don't need all of the time and are able to read the question a few times before answering it.

Another helpful thing we suggest (:idea:) to our students is to take an piece of paper and cover up the answers to the question on the screen until they have read the question two or three times. It's so easy to get two-thirds of the way into a question and then use your peripheral vision to spot what appears to be a correct answer before you have finished the question.

</IMG></IMG>

Back