Getting Started

erikastar

Hi Everyone,
So excited and wanted to get some input. I am thinking about taking the exam to get my P & C License in Florida. How hard or easy is it to get started. I am currently working as an Administrative Assistant and found I love this field. I am customer service oriented and always willing to go the extra mile for a client so as to build my name and reputation. Would love to hear anything and everything about this business. Thanks in advance for all your feedback!

Hey Erika, welcome to the forums!

I just became PnC licensed myself and am looking to start my career in the insurance industry. From what I understand, your customer service skills will serve your well when building a relationship with clients. You will need those skills to establish trust and build rapport.

Another skill that you will need to learn to be successful in this industry is the ability to prospect and generate leads for your agency. You will also need to convert those leads into customers which is where the “selling” aspect comes in.

If you enjoy meeting new people and like to provide value then you ought to do extremely well with insurance. Hopefully some of the senior vets from the forum can chime in with any pointers or suggestions to make your transition to this industry as seamless and enjoyable as possible

Hi Everyone,
So excited and wanted to get some input. I am thinking about taking the exam to get my P & C License in Florida. How hard or easy is it to get started. I am currently working as an Administrative Assistant and found I love this field. I am customer service oriented and always willing to go the extra mile for a client so as to build my name and reputation. Would love to hear anything and everything about this business. Thanks in advance for all your feedback!

Hello Erika I am a P & C agent in Florida and I can tell you that you get out what you put into this business. I have seen tons of people fall on their face and leave in a few months and others retiring young and living in their beach house. Good Luck.

Back