Gift Card Referral Program

I tried one of those brownies the other day. Someone gave one to my wife and I was wondering where it came from. Tasty, but dry.

The more I hear about SOC the more I am tempted to give it a try. Any idea what the costs involved are?

I use SOC to send thank you cards and birthday cards and such. I have used it a few times to send a gift card. I've never done the brownies or cookies thing with them as I figured it wouldn't taste good. maybe I will look at that again?

I do not recruit for SOC or make any over rides on anyone I refer to them. To be set up on the system like I am as a user, it cost me $99 for the start up. It may be more now, I'm not sure.

It costs me about $.88 to send a card incl postage. I do use the handwritng font and personalize every card. It's been a great system for me. If you want to get in on the MLM side of it and make money from it, the cost is around $300 start up.

$99 - Retail Package

$199 - Wholesale Package (+ optional $31 per month, includes 50 cards)

$457 - Entreprenuers Package (+ optional $31 per month, includes 50 cards) You get $140 for every referral that signs up under you. +2% of ongoing distibutors who sign up +5% of customers who sign up under you.

Last edited:
I use SOC to send thank you cards and birthday cards and such. I have used it a few times to send a gift card. I've never done the brownies or cookies thing with them as I figured it wouldn't taste good. maybe I will look at that again?

I do not recruit for SOC or make any over rides on anyone I refer to them. To be set up on the system like I am as a user, it cost me $99 for the start up. It may be more now, I'm not sure.

It costs me about $.88 to send a card incl postage. I do use the handwritng font and personalize every card. It's been a great system for me. If you want to get in on the MLM side of it and make money from it, the cost is around $300 start up.

jdeasy so your actually using the service...The website makes it look like you pay a lot more if you just buy the retail package over the wholesale or entrepenuer package.

Well, I wouldn't be so quick to send out the brownie. As I said, it was dry.

So it costs me $0.88 for every card I send, is there a monthly fee as well?

Well, I wouldn't be so quick to send out the brownie. As I said, it was dry.

So it costs me $0.88 for every card I send, is there a monthly fee as well?

No, other than the intial $99, I have never paid SOC anything except for cards and postage. You pay for "points" in advance for the cards and the same for the postage.

There is a minimum for points to buy, {20} and I beile it's a $10 minimum on postage. It's always right on the front page what you point balance is and what your postage balance is. It won't let you go over. The cards I send use 2 points which are $.22 a point. So, $.44 a card. The postage is $.44.

When my balance gets down to 4 or 6 points and $3 or $4 on postage, I simply click on the buy supplies button and add to them with a cradit card on file. You can also use paypay or electronis check.

Last year I spent just under $400 for year on SOC and that included my $99 start up. I'm sending 6 to 8 cards per week this year.

I like the system and ease of use and the affordability. I really can't put a figure on ROI, but, I know it has gotten me some referrals and, just as importantly, helped with retention.

jdeasy so your actually using the service...The website makes it look like you pay a lot more if you just buy the retail package over the wholesale or entrepenuer package.

As of today, I've sent 1,000 cards through their system. Everyone that has received the brownies has loved them, by the way - including my kids and an agent that got them just today from me.

Anyway, if you want to see the sign-up options directly, you can go here. The retail option is there, but you'll really save money if you're a volume user like I am where I add every single client into the follow-up campaigns.

As of today, I've sent 1,000 cards through their system. Everyone that has received the brownies has loved them, by the way - including my kids and an agent that got them just today from me.

Anyway, if you want to see the sign-up options directly, you can go here. The retail option is there, but you'll really save money if you're a volume user like I am where I add every single client into the follow-up campaigns. .

Thats my question...The website makes it look like you pay a much higher price per point as a retail user compared to Wholesale or Entrepenuer and other than getting some cards for free and being required to do an auto purchase if the point cost is the same why not buy retail.

Automation and simplicity is the key to SOC.

Option:
$31/50 = .62 per card mailed automatically monthly. Good deal!

Thats my question...The website makes it look like you pay a much higher price per point as a retail user compared to Wholesale or Entrepenuer and other than getting some cards for free and being required to do an auto purchase if the point cost is the same why not buy retail.

Not sure I follow, but maybe this helps.
If you buy a wholesale membership, it's .31 per point, or .62 total per card.
If you are at retail, it's .49 per point or .98 per card.
I sent 1,000 cards so far, so I've saved $360 by being at wholesale instead of retail for these cards I've sent. But by going in at wholesale and with the Entrepreneur option and referring a few people, I really haven't paid a dime for my card campaigns. And the 60+ clients I have as a direct result of the referral card campaign I use have paid a tremendous benefit for the next 6 years (med supps) and beyond.

With the retail option you have no direct way of recouping your investment. We are in sales. If you mention to a few more people what you're using to follow up and gain referrals - they will sign up, too, and your investment in the whole thing is recovered. That's my only point on the Entrepreneur package and why it's worth an extra $59 to have the option.

Incidentally, I was just sent an e-mail about Jeffrey Gitomer's new Ace of Sales program. They have a similar-appearing program to follow up with your clients with postcards and greeting cards. Cost? $199 per year and $2.50 per card.

It is a powerful, automated follow-up tool that every business should employ; but it's much easier to do it at .62 cents per card and the ability to recover all the costs with a few referrals along the way.

Back