Going Independent

angbakr

Hi There!

I have worked for a few named agencies without much success and not crazy about the small plate of products they offered clients. I:1baffled: want to be an independent, I am not captive right now either. I would like to start out part time and get my feet wet. So my question here is - Do I have to purchase an agency or have a physical storefront? Can I just work out of a home office to start? What's the best way to get started and do most insurance companies require that you sell X amount before they will allow you to sell their product? Any advice would be fabulous!! By the way I am located in Maryland and I have a Life and Health license, debating on going for the P&L as well.

Angie

Hey brother. I have same question as u submitted in march. Just got licensed for acc health n life in NY.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

----------

Sorry Angie, I did not see your name Sister.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

You dont have to have a certain production level to become contracted with carriers. The level of production in your past can have an impact on how high of a contract you can get though. If either of you need some high contracts on the health and life side message me. We have GA contracts with health and 105% contracts with life if it improves your situation. No strings we are just looking to add to the production for our MGA.

Gabriel

You dont have to have a certain production level to become contracted with carriers. The level of production in your past can have an impact on how high of a contract you can get though. If either of you need some high contracts on the health and life side message me. We have GA contracts with health and 105% contracts with life if it improves your situation. No strings we are just looking to add to the production for our MGA.

Gabriel

You have 105% life contracts in NY?

Back