Going Independent Without Captive Route

jlg150

I've been doing research for about a year, trying to find ways to become an Independent Insurance Agent without going the Captive route.

My whole thing against the Captive route is the whole Non-Compete Agreements. I'm very interested in learning without being held back by these Non-Compete contracts I want to find an alternate route.

I've learned as much as I can about Insurance & starting a small business. I figured my start-up & ongoing costs, with everything in between. The only thing that's been holding me back is I've never wrote a policy before...

Most Cluster Agencies don't offer training to new agents trying to become Independent Agents without prior experience in the Insurance Industry. Out of all the Cluster Agencies that I've come across there's only one that I know of that gives training to new agents trying to start as an Independent Agent WITHOUT ANY prior insurance experience and that's Smart Choice Agents, Smart Start program.

I was wondering if there's any other opportunities like the Smart Start program out there or any other alternate routes to get formal training as an insurance agent without going the Captive Route.

I would appreciate any and all advice on this thread or private message, thank you.

I've been doing research for about a year, trying to find ways to become an Independent Insurance Agent without going the Captive route.

I was wondering if there's any other opportunities like the Smart Start program out there or any other alternate routes to get formal training as an insurance agent without going the Captive Route.

I would appreciate any and all advice on this thread or private message, thank you.

Are you licensed? Why a year of research? What's holding you back?

There are many ways to go Independent.

If you're licensed and are willing to invest into this industry as a NEW BUSINESS, then I can help you, at least point you in the right direction.

Click on my signature/Link and watch the video. My program might not be good for you but it is a way to learn a Niche Market as an Independent Life Insurance Agent.

Doug

Based on everything I have learned. I'm going independent. I'm signing up with carriers and creating my own lead mechanisms. Every company I've gone to wants me to pay for leads which tells me they are shitty company not worth my time. If you have to charge your agents for leads you are either greedy, or bad at the business of selling insurance, or both and no one needs that. With today's tech and marketing systems. It's better to go on your own.

I spent years learning marketing for myself when I owned a carpet cleaning business and when I started my law firm. I had big hopes for insurance sales given I'm able to work eighty hours a month and make over ten grand. But there aren't any companies out there that can give me what I need so I need to make it for myself, as always, again.

You have to create your own way.

Based on everything I have learned. I'm going independent. I'm signing up with carriers and creating my own lead mechanisms. Every company I've gone to wants me to pay for leads which tells me they are shitty company not worth my time. If you have to charge your agents for leads you are either greedy, or bad at the business of selling insurance, or both and no one needs that. With today's tech and marketing systems. It's better to go on your own.

I spent years learning marketing for myself when I owned a carpet cleaning business and when I started my law firm. I had big hopes for insurance sales given I'm able to work eighty hours a month and make over ten grand. But there aren't any companies out there that can give me what I need so I need to make it for myself, as always, again.

You have to create your own way.

I dunno Dave, it seems to me that a lead would be a good excuse to get in front of interested prospects.

Creating your own way is part of the process, but trying to reinvent the wheel is usually a recipe for failure.

It seems like what you want and what you need are 2 entirely different things! One will direct you to success, and the other will most likely direct you to another career change.

Back