Good Opportunity or Not?

Coacher

I have been offered a position with Texas Farm Bureau. They will start me off with a BoB of $24,000 and provide training for me. I have been in education/coaching for almost 15 years now and need to earn more. Is this a good deal? I know it will be tough for a few months but my manager/trainer and agents that are already working there are all telling me that 50,000 to 60,000+ is a very attainable goal the first year.
Does this sound fairly reasonable? I know captive is not popular from what I read, but I wouldn't begin to know where to start when building my own insurance business. Any advice would be appreciated and if there are any FB agents out there, i would love to hear from them!

I have been offered a position with Texas Farm Bureau. They will start me off with a BoB of $24,000 and provide training for me. I have been in education/coaching for almost 15 years now and need to earn more. Is this a good deal? I know it will be tough for a few months but my manager/trainer and agents that are already working there are all telling me that 50,000 to 60,000+ is a very attainable goal the first year.
Does this sound fairly reasonable? I know captive is not popular from what I read, but I wouldn't begin to know where to start when building my own insurance business. Any advice would be appreciated and if there are any FB agents out there, i would love to hear from them!

That there sounds like a real good deal. What sports did ya'll coach?

I have been offered a position with Texas Farm Bureau. They will start me off with a BoB of $24,000 and provide training for me. I have been in education/coaching for almost 15 years now and need to earn more. Is this a good deal? I know it will be tough for a few months but my manager/trainer and agents that are already working there are all telling me that 50,000 to 60,000+ is a very attainable goal the first year. Does this sound fairly reasonable? I know captive is not popular from what I read, but I wouldn't begin to know where to start when building my own insurance business. Any advice would be appreciated and if there are any FB agents out there, i would love to hear from them!

Just an FYI- the down side of FB is they have huge life insurance requirements and limit where you can write P&C. Check out a few other carriers before deciding where you wang to land.

Just an FYI- the down side of FB is they have huge life insurance requirements and limit where you can write P&C. Check out a few other carriers before deciding where you wang to land.

That's what I've heard, this isn't a big town (about 18,000). There are 2 State Farm agents, farmers, and an Indy group. Seems pretty crowded to be able to have the kind of earnings they are talking about. Also, I would be the second agent in the office.

Back