Great big thank you!!!!

True, but everything he posted about was MA, not sups. And most IMO's will not release MA contracts even if you have not written business.

My Coventry contract is with Parker and Asses to this day and my Wellcare is with RBI. I haven't written either in over 7 years but they still hold my contracts. Neither will release.

But, if he was never contracted then it's not an issue.

I'll have to disagree that "most" don't release. I find it to be the other way around. However, if you were specifically talking about "during AEP", then yes, you would be correct. Actually, it's many of the companies who won't transfer you during AEP.

Other than that, I think "most" would release you.

I'll have to disagree that "most" don't release. I find it to be the other way around. However, if you were specifically talking about "during AEP", then yes, you would be correct. Actually, it's many of the companies who won't transfer you during AEP.

Other than that, I think "most" would release you.

You would be wrong. Kingdom doesn't release, RBI doesn't release. Parker and Asses doesn't release.

Only a few that post here at the forum will release and only they will because of the forum.

You would be wrong. Kingdom doesn't release, RBI doesn't release. Parker and Asses doesn't release.

Only a few that post here at the forum will release and only they will because of the forum.

Well those 3 certainly don't make up "most" of the IMO's/FMO's! :twitchy:

I agree. And most MA IMO's don't post here. I talk to agents regularly that are coming to FEX from other IMO's. Common theme is they can't get released.

I see. It is also common that many won't release just before and during the AEP silly season. Many times that's more of an insurance company thing though. Many of them won't even let you transfer during AEP.

The upline told me that United would not release me but when I contacted (UHC) directly, they said that wasn't the case. Long story short, I'll be able to re contract with them in December. Although this doesn't do much good during AEP (they're a pretty good market for my area) if I choose to stay in the Medicare arena, I've made a connection and it will be available for me soon.

The past few months have been quite frustrating but a valuable learning experience as far as researching career opportunities. I feel it would be in poor taste to mention this upline's name in a public forum (but feel free to inbox me ;) )

Thanks again, all. Your advice and humor is invaluable!

The upline told me that United would not release me but when I contacted (UHC) directly, they said that wasn't the case. Long story short, I'll be able to re contract with them in December. Although this doesn't do much good during AEP (they're a pretty good market for my area) if I choose to stay in the Medicare arena, I've made a connection and it will be available for me soon.

The past few months have been quite frustrating but a valuable learning experience as far as researching career opportunities. I feel it would be in poor taste to mention this upline's name in a public forum (but feel free to inbox me ;) )

Thanks again, all. Your advice and humor is invaluable!

It's not really in poor taste. What you would be doing is two-fold. 1st you would be giving the aforementioned IMO a chance to correct what they've done wrong (although you may be going in a different direction). Sometimes it really is a situation where the IMO doesn't know that they have done something that isn't in the best interest of the agent.

Secondly, you may save a few agents from making the same mistake.

That's what the forum is for. To educate more agents about their career paths and it has also helped many IMO's to "see the light"!

With that being said, please tell us who it is.

Back