Great big thank you!!!!

Wanted to express my most SINCERE thanks to everyone on Insurance Forums for the information you provide.

I'm a brand new L&H Producer and although there are so many opportunities to pursue. The forums and articles on this site helped me make an educated decision on where and (with whom) I feel most confident beginning a career!

Special thank you to : Daytona Guy, Newby and Billy Jordan for your time and candor!

Best to all! Keep reading!

Alas, this has turned out to be a complete waste of 6 months. Live and learn, I suppose.

Wanted to express my most SINCERE thanks to everyone on Insurance Forums for the information you provide.

I'm a brand new L&H Producer and although there are so many opportunities to pursue. The forums and articles on this site helped me make an educated decision on where and (with whom) I feel most confident beginning a career!

Special thank you to : Daytona Guy, Newby and Billy Jordan for your time and candor!

Best to all! Keep reading!

I don't think I noticed that post before. Thanks for the mention. But what went wrong?

You all are too much! :)

Hoosier: not sure I understand what "IOS10" is? Thanks and please advise.

I decided Medicare was the route I wanted to go and after great advice from the aforementioned. I went with an experienced upline who was switching from another product to concentrate on Medicare sales.As told, I got my E&O in March, took upline's suggested carrier training in July to find that I had to retake carrier certifications to sell for the 2017 open enrollment. (IMO kind of a waste of time).

Moving on, got my AHIP, went to a few carriers Open enrollment seminars and found that one of them would not be selling in my area until 2018. Went back to upline, asked "What next?" and asked for promised INSURANCE related sales training as my sales and marketing history is not Insurance and I'm completely new to this. I was told that there was some type of training video sent out (which I never received).

Frustrated, I reflecting on what I feel is most important to be successful (extensive training, especially in the field and some leads would be nice!) I inquired about getting a release to try to find someone closer that could provide more structured training and was told 1.Contracts are through the carriers. 2. Agents may not be released during open enrollment. However, per the upline's company portal, I'm only contracted with one carrier and have been since March with no sales (nor leads).

At this point, I'm considering just becoming a captive agent. I've also been approached by another upline who is local with a new company but now quite leery. With the exception of day drinking (already considered ;) suggestions are appreciated. All in all, I'm thankful for a learning experience.

You all are too much! :)

Hoosier: not sure I understand what "IOS10" is? Thanks and please advise.

I decided Medicare was the route I wanted to go and after great advice from the aforementioned. I went with an experienced upline who was switching from another product to concentrate on Medicare sales.As told, I got my E&O in March, took upline's suggested carrier training in July to find that I had to retake carrier certifications to sell for the 2017 open enrollment. (IMO kind of a waste of time).

Moving on, got my AHIP, went to a few carriers Open enrollment seminars and found that one of them would not be selling in my area until 2018. Went back to upline, asked "What next?" and asked for promised INSURANCE related sales training as my sales and marketing history is not Insurance and I'm completely new to this. I was told that there was some type of training video sent out (which I never received).

Frustrated, I reflecting on what I feel is most important to be successful (extensive training, especially in the field and some leads would be nice!) I inquired about getting a release to try to find someone closer that could provide more structured training and was told 1.Contracts are through the carriers. 2. Agents may not be released during open enrollment. However, per the upline's company portal, I'm only contracted with one carrier and have been since March with no sales (nor leads).

At this point, I'm considering just becoming a captive agent. I've also been approached by another upline who is local with a new company but now quite leery. With the exception of day drinking (already considered ;) suggestions are appreciated. All in all, I'm thankful for a learning experience.

Who's your upline? With exposure on the Forum about their lies, etc....they might have a change of heart about the release and it would let other unsuspecting agents have a heads up about them.

If you're only contracted with one company, I wouldn't worry about it and just move on. There are lots of good Medicare Supplement companies.

Who's your upline? With exposure on the Forum about their lies, etc....they might have a change of heart about the release and it would let other unsuspecting agents have a heads up about them.

If you're only contracted with one company, I wouldn't worry about it and just move on. There are lots of good Medicare Supplement companies.

True, but everything he posted about was MA, not sups. And most IMO's will not release MA contracts even if you have not written business.

My Coventry contract is with Parker and Asses to this day and my Wellcare is with RBI. I haven't written either in over 7 years but they still hold my contracts. Neither will release.

But, if he was never contracted then it's not an issue.

Back