Guidance for New Life Agents

This is excellent information.

One question: You talked about finding money in their budget. You said "People don't naturally have extra money to afford insurance, so you need to help them find it." What areas in their budget do you commonly look for first to make resources for insurance?

Alright Rick Jr. :D

Don't forget the other part. Ask 30 people a day to talk to them about life insurance. It is harder to do than it sounds, but it can easily be done. If you talk to 30 true suspects a day, you can't help but write an app a day.

Well, you can think that if you want... and I won't deny that he's had an impact on the way I think... but all this was based on my own conclusions and experiences... despite his warnings on his forum.

Just giving you some love. Actually, there was another that was even more hilarious. You were tooting ANICO and MOO for worksite sales. Again, nothing wrong with it, just funny to see here.

:biggrin:

Alright Rick Jr. :D

Don't forget the other part. Ask 30 people a day to talk to them about life insurance. It is harder to do than it sounds, but it can easily be done. If you talk to 30 true suspects a day, you can't help but write an app a day.

Nothing wrong with being a Rick, Jr. in my book. However, I have read enough after Rick to know that what DHK presents is his syntheisis of things from Rick on Topgunproducers, DHK's personal experiences in the places he has worked, and his own independent studies. Rick does not always agree with DHK. Does he DHK? :laugh:

Hell no!

"If two people are needed to agree on everything, then one isn't needed." John Savage
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What's really disheartening is that NO OTHER FIRM can fix for me what I'm unwilling or unable to fix for myself. (Actually, once you realize this, it's quite freeing and empowering!)

Hell, I went to job fairs (where 1/2 the companies were financial services companies). I asked them if I knew NO one, how would they teach me to prospect?

Some said "networking", "chamber of commerce" and other such time-wasting activities.

Some said "buy leads", but you'd better have about $20k to invest and time to turn those leads into business.

One said to target companies and get their 401(k) business. Not bad, but generally a slower sales cycle.

One had a book of business... but you'd have to be FINRA registered and work with non-profit employees (VALIC). (I ain't doing that again.)

None of them would give me an idea that would require little capital and have the potential to give good results. Cold-calling & canvassing? They never even mentioned it. I guess they're too scared of frieghtening their potential recruits!

Last edited:
Hell no!

"If two people are needed to agree on everything, then one isn't needed." John Savage

I think you get it tougher than anyone there, that is allowed to stay. Although, I'd say that is a good thing. I believe Rick is of the tough love school. He'll beat you to a pulp on the board, and then go out of the way to build you up and help you on the phone.

Once Rick stops pointing out your errors, you're done for. He no longer sees in potential in you.

Back