A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies

Smart Choice or Superior Access? One person IA @ Home. Shoestring budget. I now have have E&O for L&H through NAPA. & E&O for P&C (NAPA as well) at what I thought was very reasonable. As I continue to do the research I believe I need a rater service,@ a cost, but not for both? And a mo' membership cost, but not for both. IN the interim, lining up business, with my Tax consulting business, my day job. I would really appreciate any thoughts on Smart Choice or Superior Access?

Smart Choice or Superior Access? One person IA @ Home. Shoestring budget. I now have have E&O for L&H through NAPA. & E&O for P&C (NAPA as well) at what I thought was very reasonable. As I continue to do the research I believe I need a rater service,@ a cost, but not for both? And a mo' membership cost, but not for both. IN the interim, lining up business, with my Tax consulting business, my day job. I would really appreciate any thoughts on Smart Choice or Superior Access?
Lemme know how you are doing with your business. I have followed the same path (Tax Prep & Ins.) Would appreciate any advice.

Lemme know how you are doing with your business. I have followed the same path (Tax Prep & Ins.) Would appreciate any advice.
Really just keep pluggin away. increase that Tax client base. Inform them of what you do! Look for a good E&O carrier. I looked at several. For me, in CA. NAPA was very reasonable. I have the L&H/PC lic. tE&O for both was much less than I was quoted elsewhere. And there are various ways to go, in term of where to associate yourself, to place business through. For me, here in CA. I decided with Superior Access for the P&C and Choice one for the L&H. This is still a work in progress. However, SA has no contract or compete clause and I can keep mu BOB.

I am new to independent side, but captive 14 yrs. I have secured contracts directly with MetLife, Travelers, Hartford, haggerty &'progressive. My question is should I join Iroqious. To supplement what I can't place, larger commercial etc. or should I join SIA?

Really just keep pluggin away. increase that Tax client base. Inform them of what you do! Look for a good E&O carrier. I looked at several. For me, in CA. NAPA was very reasonable. I have the L&H/PC lic. tE&O for both was much less than I was quoted elsewhere. And there are various ways to go, in term of where to associate yourself, to place business through. For me, here in CA. I decided with Superior Access for the P&C and Choice one for the L&H. This is still a work in progress. However, SA has no contract or compete clause and I can keep mu BOB.

So how is SA working out for you, I am looking to possibly go with them?

Thank you for all the info! It was very insightful. I'm hoping you might be able to offer some advice. I'm a recently licensed 220 in Central Florida...I got my license because I have a close friend who owns a very large property management firm and wanted an exclusive insurance broker/agent to send his clients to. I have a lot of potential business with my connections but no experience. I'd love to find an office to work at to get experience but can't seem to find anything close or that will fit this commercial niche. Starting my own office seems like such a daunting task trying to learn the ins and outs, how to even get started etc. Any advice?

Great article! I have a question. My friend has had his Life insurance license for 15 years. WE want to open a full service independent shop and I was wondering if his life experience and appointments will help us get P & C appointments? We have a net worth of about 10 million between us. Thank you in advance for any advice or direction you can give!

Back