Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance

Reply to A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies     
Old 11-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #21
Guru

State: b61mack is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
b61mack is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies Re: A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies
Great post, on the P&C side, this forum is lacking. RBA could be an asset, but he choices to be negitive. I am also toying with the idea, of going with superior excess, smart choice, and i am waiting for both of them to send me a few names, of agents that use them. I also looked at IDC, they sounded good they do PA, have NY pending, but they don't have NJ.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies
Old 11-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #22

State: InsBizNC is an Insurance Agent from North Carolina
A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies
Originally Posted by NCAgent

I'm going to shoot you a PM with my cell phone number and personal e-mail address. I'm in the Charlotte area as well, maybe I can help you out a bit.

You're not going to get Travelers on your own, and if you do there isn't going to be any homeowners with it, just auto.

How long have you been independent, and how many carriers do you have right now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So what questions have people faced that they feel should be addressed here?

What parts of this guide right now do you feel are inaccurate, or need more information?

I'm at a point now where I can keep going (for a long time, but then it's going to get random), stop, or put answers to questions I see frequently for agents/agencies.
Thanks for the phone chat. You provided me sound advice and reiterated points and suggestions I've received regarding being a new indy agent.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #23
Guru

State: NCAgent is an Insurance Agent from North Carolina
NCAgent is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies Re: A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies NCAgent is the thread starter for: A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies

Originally Posted by InsBizNC View Post
Thanks for the phone chat. You provided me sound advice and reiterated points and suggestions I've received regarding being a new indy agent.
Glad to help my dear. Good luck! Call me with any issues that you're facing and I'll see what I can do to help.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #24
Guru

State: Cory is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies Re: A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies
NCAGENT....VERY informative. Took a while to read and learned a few things. Your thread will be referred to many times in the future...it's ashame you don't get residuals.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #25
Guru

A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies Re: A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies NCAgent is the thread starter for: A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies

Originally Posted by Cory View Post
NCAGENT....VERY informative. Took a while to read and learned a few things. Your thread will be referred to many times in the future...it's ashame you don't get residuals.
I appreciate it, thanks! I learned a LOT here and got a LOT of people's help. I figured consolidating some of it here wouldn't be a bad thing. In addition, I'm also tired of people asking the same questions. If we can get this stickied in P&C and getting started selling insurance, I'd be a happy NCAgent.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #26
Guru

I now have 1,000 posts with these forums. I just want to thank everyone for the fun, knowledge, and experience I got from here. I'll probably make another one of these for 5k. Good luck everyone and happy selling!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #27
Guru

Awesome, sticky'ed for your pleasure!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #28
Guru

State: nyc2phi is an Insurance Agent from New York
nyc2phi is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
You hit 1K quick, when you started this post like 2 weeks ago you were at 800? haha
Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #29
Guru

Yeah it'll slow down now that I'm at 1k. I was sick from work at that point so I had not much else going on. That was why I had the time to type up this guide.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #30

State: QCAgent is an Insurance Agent from North Carolina
A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies
Great info. I'm a new independent in Charlotte, desperately needing your help. Please send me your contact info!
Reply to A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance