A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies

Re: A Guide to P&C for New Agents and New Agencies
Wow, great read. Am starting out. Just rec'vd L/A&H, P&C Lic. Really appreciative of your time to post very helpful data....THANKS

NCAgent: Even now I read and benefit. Am a new Agent with L, A&H, P&C License, may, '13 and July '13, respectively. As am out to rule the ins industry, I stop to read your post. Thank you for your time and comments.

Great thread, first post for me. I am at the end of my pre-licensing and look forward to taking the state exams for Property and Casualty. As a "newbie" any advise if greatly appreciated.

I just got my P&C license and I'm in the process of opening my own agency. I already a member of wholesale Broker (Appalachian Underwriters) which will provide most of the carriers that I need but it is very difficult to find an insurance carrier to appoint me. I need to have at least one appointment in order to get my agency license. I'm located in West Palm Beach Florida. If anyone knows any insurance carrier that will appoint new agents in Florida please let me know. I tried Progressive, and some others when they check my license in the state database it shows that I have no current appointment therefore they denied my application. :1confused:

Question...I'm looking to earn appointments. When I do, are they tied to me or my agency? Once I get some employees do they need their own appointments or can they sell under the agencies appointments that I secured? I'm a little confused on how these appointments work exactly.

Latest posts

Back