Hello! Looking for Some Guidance, Please Help!

Rosy

Hello,
I have been reading these forums for about a month, great advice and knowledgeable people. Before asking my question a little background.
I have an extensive sales and retail management background (20+ years) looking to change careers. After some discussions and learning about residual income I have decided to jump head first into the insurance industry. No looking back.
I have my 2-15 and will start my classes for the 2-20 very soon. I am currently looking for jobs in the Miami/Ftlauderdale area.
Here are my questions:
1. If you were starting today, what area would you go into? And why?
2. What would you have done differently from when you started in the industry?

I am sort of leaning to the commercial side of it, but many have told me that training is nonexistent and it is a rapid exit to the industry - not an option for me.

Thanks to all, your help is highly appreciated!!!:yes: :yes:

Welcome! I'm working on my 2-15 right now and am more interested in the life side of things. I don't think I would change anything, if I had started when I started looking I'm sure I would have failed out almost immediately.

Hello,
I have been reading these forums for about a month, great advice and knowledgeable people. Before asking my question a little background.
I have an extensive sales and retail management background (20+ years) looking to change careers. After some discussions and learning about residual income I have decided to jump head first into the insurance industry. No looking back.
I have my 2-15 and will start my classes for the 2-20 very soon. I am currently looking for jobs in the Miami/Ftlauderdale area.
Here are my questions:
1. If you were starting today, what area would you go into? And why?
2. What would you have done differently from when you started in the industry?

I am sort of leaning to the commercial side of it, but many have told me that training is nonexistent and it is a rapid exit to the industry - not an option for me.

Ahhh....back when I was in college in Boca we'd load up a car and go down to Big Daddy's in Ft. Liqueurdale. Those were the days. To be young again.... :cry:

Why the commercial side???

I was leaning to commercial because I think it would be an easier intro for me with busines Owners having Been "in their shoes" from a management point of view. Would you suggest against it for a novice? Agentguy5
What would be a good starting point in the industry that I would be able to do year round, everybody is pushing Obamacare hard for a few months then never to be seen until the next enrollment period.

I was leaning to commercial because I think it would be an easier intro for me with busines Owners having Been "in their shoes" from a management point of view. Would you suggest against it for a novice? Agentguy5
What would be a good starting point in the industry that I would be able to do year round, everybody is pushing Obamacare hard for a few months then never to be seen until the next enrollment period.

Miami is overrun by failing insurance agents.

With that being said, it's important to find a niche that you can make work. I like your thinking on "why" you are looking at commercial. Do you have someone that is successful at this and willing to teach you the ropes? If so, then your odds for success are going to increase. If not, then what is your game plan?

If your work ethic and will are strong, you have a chance to succeed!

Most agents in Miami are all about working as little as possible to get by. That mentality is why I laugh at all the lazy idiots that surround me here!

FYI, I am in Hallandale and Drive 2-3 hours away to work the Final Expense market up north. The people here are not as open as in the smaller cities. Rural folks are easier to sell to.

Also, if you click on the little quote button in this post, when you write something I will get a notification that you are directing your comments to me.

Welcome to the Forum:yes:

Back