Help, How Do I Leave my Agency

BeGoodToAll

Hi, I am new to selling Life/Health Insurance products.

I got my California Life/Health License (at my expense) and than signed up with Insphere/HealthMarkets (after answering an ad and an inspirational speaker). They had me fill out a bunch of forms and now I am appointed (under them) with a bunch of insurance companies.

Now, it's been a few months and I just don't like how they do business (not that they are bad, its just not for me!). I've read a bunch of horror stories about associating with them on this forum. I have not sold anything through them.

How do i leave properly????? I'll be honest, I do not understand how the appointments work and what my responsibility is to them.

Do I send certified letters to the agency, to the insurers???? How should it be worded)

What do I do, so I do not have any legacy problems with my future appointments, etc....

H E L P !!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Thomas

step 1 - dig up your contract and read it thoroughly, specifically parts about terminating the relationship. Look for non-compete clauses, the validity of these clauses is sometimes questioned but I sure as hell don't know the real answer to that one. What I do know is that carriers all seem to have their own rules, some you can dual-contract (have separate uplines) while others you can't. Some you will need to get a release from your current upline and some will do it automatically after a 90 - 180 day period.

Do you have your own individual writing numbers for each carrier? which ones?

Some carriers use JIT - just in time contracting, you may more easily be able to re-contract with those as you aren't actually "under contract" until you submit a piece of business with those carriers.

Back