Help Me

Maybe, but I think there are too many people who do not want to work for anything. When I began to get interested in financial services I began to read everything that I could get my hands on about it (before I had internet access). When I began to actually look for a job and interview I had a good idea about what I was looking for and what "they were looking for."

Perhaps this is their research. ;)

I'm not saying you have to hand hold them, but it also isn't necessary to slam them every chance you get.

Also, no one requires us to post on any thread. You want the millionth "How do I get started?" thread to go away? Ignore it. If no one posted to them, the threads would go away very quickly and it is likely newbies would stop posting so many of them.

Newbies get it either way here. They get slammed for asking a question that has already been asked. Or they get slammed for reviving an old thread that was pertinent to their question.

I get that^^^ A lot of reviving old threads is the whole...'I'd like to know that too'...which is just painful from 5 year post.

You have to admit though this one was pretty blah. Just graduated from school and no direction. Let's all be honest with each other...this doesn't sound like someone who has the moxy to make it in a cut throat insurance world.

I get that^^^ A lot of reviving old threads is the whole...'I'd like to know that too'...which is just painful from 5 year post.

You have to admit though this one was pretty blah. Just graduated from school and no direction. Let's all be honest with each other...this doesn't sound like someone who has the moxy to make it in a cut throat insurance world.

I didn't even read the initial post. Most of them are all but identical. I just ignore it and if there is something of interest later in the thread I may post. There is no need to beat the newbies up just for asking a question, even if it is repetitive.

Now the ones I love are when newbies ask a question, don't get the answer they want and then want to argue about it. Or they get upset that everyone doesn't agree with them.

I didn't even read the initial post. Most of them are all but identical. I just ignore it and if there is something of interest later in the thread I may post. There is no need to beat the newbies up just for asking a question, even if it is repetitive.

Now the ones I love are when newbies ask a question, don't get the answer they want and then want to argue about it. Or they get upset that everyone doesn't agree with them.

Those are the best of all! They are convinced that AFLAC is the best gig going and nothing with change their mind. They only post for affirmation.

Those are the best of all! They are convinced that AFLAC is the best gig going and nothing with change their mind. They only post for affirmation.

Yep. I just love how offended they get and upset that everyone doesn't agree with them. At times like that I can't help but think, "If you can't take someone on an internet forum disagreeing with you, how in the world are you going to survive running appointments for insurance?"

I think after 15 posts, "Kenzie" (OP) is probably already looking at another career field to get into.

If she was truly engaged, she would have said something by now.

These young kids go from one thing to another...sort of like changing favorite kool aid flavors.

Newbies get it either way here. They get slammed for asking a question that has already been asked. Or they get slammed for reviving an old thread that was pertinent to their question.

Agreed..... I have noticed the same thing. The interesting thing is that it is always the same people slamming the post instead of being encouraging.

When I slam, I also encourage. My problem is that the OP often thinks my entire post is slamming them when in reality, the slamming is for 1-2 lines, then I expound and give good information.

That is a good answer. Why is every newby too lazy to search the forum and read enough that they can ask informed questions that we can answer. Not the same old, how do I start over and over.

I got a question. Have any of you guys who keep slamming newbies for not using the search function used the search function lately? Do you know how many dozens of stupid crap and off topic junk us newbies have to read to get a simple answer to any question?

I got a question. Have any of you guys who keep slamming newbies for not using the search function used the search function lately? Do you know how many dozens of stupid crap and off topic junk us newbies have to read to get a simple answer to any question?

Yes, I have waded through the garbage to find valuable posts. If you do a little searching and reading it becomes pretty easy to figure out whose posts are likely to contain gold. The more any newby expects to have things handed to them the less likely they are to succeed. If you consider us as "slamming" just wait until real rejection and "slamming" is faced in the field.

Back