Help Please

hhans0312

I am a licensed sales producer. Life,prop,casualty for Allstate. I am getting paid 21,600 a year + 2% commissions on new business. Stuck doing a lot of service work and still managed to pump out 40+ items last month to recieve only a 240$ commission check... Is this fair?

Why not be independent and reap 100% of the commissions and make 60 - 100K a year?

I am a licensed sales producer. Life,prop,casualty for Allstate. I am getting paid 21,600 a year + 2% commissions on new business. Stuck doing a lot of service work and still managed to pump out 40+ items last month to recieve only a 240$ commission check... Is this fair?

As others have mentioned you could go independent and reap both the costs and rewards.....Question of these sales you made how did you contact people are they a result of your prospecting activities or of the service work on the agents existing business or people walking/calling in based on the agents marketing?

You're making more than a lot of agents. If you want to make more money you could go independent, but that'll take some money to get started and you could lose money.

In your shoes I would use this job to learn the business. Once I become proficient I would either move to another agency or I would start my own agency. Unfortunately, the contracts at Allstate and SF do not give agency owners enough meat on the bone to compensate their producers to my liking but on the other hand they are excellent places to learn on someone elses dime.

In your shoes I would use this job to learn the business. Once I become proficient I would either move to another agency or I would start my own agency. Unfortunately, the contracts at Allstate and SF do not give agency owners enough meat on the bone to compensate their producers to my liking but on the other hand they are excellent places to learn on someone elses dime.

The bonuses are pretty good.

Plus more than likely they own everything you write, so when you leave they keep everything and you essentially are starting from scratch, again.

Plus more than likely they own everything you write, so when you leave they keep everything and you essentially are starting from scratch, again.

Everything definitely would stay with the agency.

This OP isn't starting from scratch. They started by working with an established agency and with a guaranteed base salary; two things new agents rarely get.

Back