How Does the American Family Insurance Job Thing Work?

If you are in Milwaukee take the American Family Job, and it's not even close. Farmers in Wisconsin has an absolutely terrible comp plan and they feed on new agents. The American Family job is their "Agent in Training" position. It's a massively over-saturated market for American Family here in Wisconsin, but you'll get a legit shot to make it at least.

In Milwaukee based on your 2 posts, I'd also consider AAA, Country, and Rural Mutual. All are looking for people in your area... and all offer a base salary and some degree of training.

I was wondering about farmers. But american wants me to have perfect credit and i dont!!. I want to work for someone that i can make a nice living but not sure where to start. Aflac called and my wife thought they had a great plan. no base but great comm. they came to her work and wrote 80% of the police force!!! so i just dont know where to turn. one says go with this one . the other says dont go with this one they suck. i wosh i could talk to a agent that started 3 or 4 years ago and is still making a good living.

If you aren't seriously concerned about retaining a book of business but want to work somewhere to be an insurance agent, AAA has an entrepreneurial agent program. At least they did in NC.

Commissions were great, you got money for marketing, and you got the AAA brand. You had to sell some AAA memberships but a lot of people just put the membership in for auto rather than towing and labor.

You represent companies in the area that are competitive and you can do P&C and L&H through them, though P&C is mainly where it is at.

Only thing is there is a 2 year non-compete with the carriers you are interested in. That's the drawback. So for 2 years you have to go through other carriers if you leave AAA. So think long and hard about it if you decide to go independent in a while; however it's a great way to learn the ropes and get a good commission structure at the same time.

The non-compete and non-ownership of the book of business was a deal breaker for me but it might not be for you...

Back