How to Be Independent?

LuisUR

Hi everyone!

I have some questions

I recently started this year, I used to sell IULs for a MLM company...

Now I want to start selling WL with three companies I heard of...

What's the best way to get contracted?, I'm completely new on that part. Actually I don't know if I could get contracted as an independent agent for more than one company.

I have a bunch of questions but I can start with that. Thanks in advance for your answers.

You can be appointed with multiple carriers. If you want to stay truly independent then, in my experience you'll want to get appointed with 2 or 3 carriers with really good service and product portfolios. As an independent, if you spread your production too thin then you won't get as much attention from each carrier and it'll be harder to get higher commission contracts.

I have a contact that appoints independents direct and offers really good service. PM me if you are interested and I'll give you her contact info.

Its important to understand a couple key things. You are able to get appointed with multiple companies. Some companies will appoint you direct and some will require you to work thru an NMO and their hierarchy.

If you are new to this space that may be your best course of action. Most new agents want the highest contract they can get (well that's true for all of us) but you also need a reality check. If I have a great contract but don't know anything about the product or have a support system to fall back on. You may not be as successful as working under a good agent oriented FMO or Agency that will give you the training and support you need so you can prosper. Our Agency is not in this space so I don't have a dog in the fight but when I started over 30 years ago thats the path I chose. The 4 years I worked in that system was invaluable to my growth when I branched out and started our Agency. Best of Luck

Back