How Long with Captive

velma8

First I would like to say thank you to everyone on this post for assisting me on my questions. I have another one how long should someone be with a captive before venturing on their own as an independent agent?

Re: How Lomg with Captive

First I would like to say thank you to everyone on this post for assisting me on my questions. I have another one how long should someone be with a captive before venturing on their own as an independent agent?

3 years, 7 months and 13 days.

Depends upon how well you are doing with the captive and how well you like it. From a practical stand point I would say not before you know enough and have enough financial resources lined up to do it successfully. Then on the other hand maybe never if you are doing well with the captive and like it.

For me, it was 5 years.. 3 as an agent, 2 as a manager.

I would do the captive for at least 5-7 years build up cash savings of $50-$70K
and then you may start on your own. Good Luck KID!

Sometimes forever. I went Indy and was doing fine, but Mass Mutual called and I went back. Mass is not technically captive but I'm not sure if I will ever leave. For most people though, 3-5 years seems to be the range.

Back