This is how Mark Rosenthal Sells Ins.

I think mark's posts are more informative than most and while they may not help someone who mostly sells health and they may not be needed for someone who is already successful, they do help a lot of people who are looking to get started or to add something new to what they sell etc... If he can drum up business for himself while adding value, good for him.

Just my opinion, but I think they are what is RIGHT with the forum.

Thank you so much for that comment. It is always nice to hear that someone likes my post and thinks they add value to the forum. I'm going to try my best to help anyone that wants help from me. I did learn a long time ago that I can't make everyone happy all the time, but I hope that most of your respect what I'm doing.

Mark Rosenthal

I think mark's posts are more informative than most and while they may not help someone who mostly sells health and they may not be needed for someone who is already successful, they do help a lot of people who are looking to get started or to add something new to what they sell etc... If he can drum up business for himself while adding value, good for him.

Just my opinion, but I think they are what is RIGHT with the forum.

I absolutely agree. What Mark is giving (other than specific marketing ideas) is something many insurance agents need... a dose of creativity. For example, in my own area of expertise (Medicare), I have taken Mark's idea of the Living Will and turned it into a direct mail piece to seniors with a little plastic tube hot-glued to the top of the letter (feeding tube). The letter then talks about Terri Shiavo and the need for a Living Will.

Keep it coming Mark!

Tony

As a new agent it this has been one of the most refreshing and profitable threads I have read. Kind of nice when folks can have a misunderstanding & work it out....instead of having a childish tit for tat that would win a place on the Jerry Springer show.

Mark, thanks for all the help. I may be contacting you soon.

This topic is an excellent one, thaks Mark.

Is there any certification required to either promote, sell, or distribute this to the public?

You need to check with your state laws on living wills. On the link that I provided, when you open up each state's living will, it will show the state law for that state on the first couple of pages.

North Carolina for example requires two different witnesses and a public notary when the client signs the living will. In this state you can help him fill it out and tell him to go to a notary when he is ready to sign it.

Don't sell the living wills. This is a free service that you should offer to everyone. Also most of the free living wills that you can get are not allowed to be sold. They are copyrighted against the use of selling them.

There are tons of places to get free living wills to give out to your clients. I would never sell the living wills. It should be one of your free services for your clients.

Before you start offering the living wills, you should learn more about living wills and how they are used. Fill out one on yourself, and really think about what you are doing. Each time you help a client fill out a living will, remember that this is a real person and you what to do what is best for the client, not you.

I will give you an example of how in detail you should get with the clients. When they tell me that if they become brain dead to unplug them, I make them take the time to write down their definition of what they think brain dead means. It may not mean the same thing to two different people.

Also remind your client that they can change their minds on the living will at anytime. If they can’t decide today on what they want to happen, tell them about the use of a medical power of attorney. In other words, is there someone that you can trust to do the right thing and make the decisions for you? If so, you can give that person medical power of attorney.

Also make sure that you don’t push your believes or opinion onto the client.

I suggest before you start using this idea, that you do your homework and study living wills. Treat each client like there are your own parents. Use the idea in a good way, and help the clients.

Mark Rosenthal
[email protected]
www.realfastservice.com

After spending over an hour with each client going over a living will - I said bump that. Sounded good - but not practical as an ice breaker.

I now offer them a Memorial Guide - so much easier.

Tom

Back