Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance

Reply to How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales?     
Old 01-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
Expert

State: bballer2300 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales? How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales?
What are the best ways to grow a book of business of new life insurance sales? Any advice will be appreciated. Explaining what has or has not worked for them.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Guru

State: NCAgent is an Insurance Agent from North Carolina
NCAgent is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales? Re: How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales?
Originally Posted by bballer2300 View Post
What are the best ways to grow a book of business of new life insurance sales? Any advice will be appreciated. Explaining what has or has not worked for them.
That is what most of this website is for.

Go and do searches for prospecting on here and see what people like to do. Are you final expense, retirement planning, mortgage protection term, or what?

Also, I highly suggest going to Topgunproducers.com as well as Mark Rosenthal's forums, too.

Insurance Agent Forum - Hosted by Mark Rosenthal • Index page
Top Gun Producers • Index page

They are both good for additional information on life prospecting and everything. One of them is a pain in the ass to register for but they both have some good things to read on there. JUST DO A SEARCH.

The moral of this post: People aren't going to repost years of things again on here. Do searches, poke around, and research and ask specific questions.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
Guru
The Gimp on How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales? - Insurance Forum

State: The Gimp is an Insurance Agent from Florida
How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales? Re: How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales?
In no particular order:

1.) Direct Mail
2.) Cold Calling/Door Knocking
3.) Policy Reviews
4.) Networking Groups
5.) Internet Leads
6.) Referrals

James J. Roman IV
904-624-2438
Life, Final Expense and Annuity Contracting

Ask me how to get contracted with LegalShield
Old 01-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Expert

State: bballer2300 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales? Re: How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales? bballer2300 is the thread starter for: How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales?

Thank you for the replies. Of the methods of prospecting you listed above what has worked for you? I have tried internet leads. The problem was that there were so many agents all calling the lead at once it was hard to develop a relationship with the prospect. How have internet leads been for you?

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Which holiday is on Dec.25-th ? I agree to forum rules 

Old 01-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
Expert

State: bigfrie is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Thank you for the replies. Of the methods of prospecting you listed above what has worked for you? I have tried internet leads. The problem was that there were so many agents all calling the lead at once it was hard to develop a relationship with the prospect. How have internet leads been for you?

What works best for me is cold calling, door to door, and getting refferals.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
Guru

State: rizzle is an Insurance Agent from Wisconsin
I'm starting to build the book by working tele leads. so far that has worked best for me and working each consistently for referrals.
that may be the quickest least painful way.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
Guru
Tampa Bay Rep on How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales? - Insurance Forum

State: Tampa Bay Rep is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
We have some free recorded webinars we have done with insurance agents on how they prospect for business with aged insurance leads that you can request from our website.

Two recordings that would be of particular interest to you for life insurance sales would be:

1. How To Make 6 Figures A Year Working Aged Leads

2. How To Make A Sale A Day With Aged Life Insurance Leads

To request those 2 free recordings as well as others listed on the site, go to:

Aged Insurance Leads Info Request Form

Request Recording Of Agent Showing How He Does $60K AV A Week Working Aged Insurance Leads. StellarProspects.com Will Beat Anyone's Prices! 813-994-8874
Old 02-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #8
Guru
Mark on How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales? - Insurance Forum

State: Mark is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Mark
Mark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Anyone that contacts me, I will be happy to share some ideas with.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #9
Guru
Aram Fingal on How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales? - Insurance Forum

State: Aram Fingal is an Insurance Agent from Washington
How deep is the ocean? How high is the sky? Who is John Galt?

(sorry, I'm in a weird mood tonight, so listen to everyone else not me)

The opinions expressed in this post represent those of the writer and do not necessarily reflect reality.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:37 AM   #10
Super Genius

State: learninsurance is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Setting up a website and making it visible in different search engines. This is what we called Search Engine Optimization. This is what other insurance companies are doing since many people are now using internet to find insurance products they need like life insurance.
Reply to How to Prospect for Life Insurance Sales? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance

Tags
life insurance