I Was Doing "_________" Before Insurance..

20 years as a postal worker then an oil refinery operator.

Came in as an old guy, huh? ;).. Did you walk a route with the USPS. Had a friend that spent many years walking a postal route in a lower income blue collar area in a city in Ohio. Retired, decided to sell insurance. Did great using his old route as a prospect base.

I worked for Enterprise car rental renting cars of course ugh. I worked up to the truck division and then got in an accident only to be fired lol. So now im an indy p&c broker and on my way to never working for someone again :)

What was I doing before Insurance.... well I spend the last 25 years working in medical transportation and emergency medical services as a paramedic, dispatcher, and trainer.

Right up to December of this year... just got my lay off notice. Also just got my life and health here in Massachusetts so this might be my midlife career change.

Pharmaceutical sales and loved it till my company downsized and laid off 25% of us.

I have a couple of friends who were laid off from pharmaceutical companies who have had a hard time finding a decent replacement job. .

Pharmaceutical sales and loved it till my company downsized and laid off 25% of us.

That has happened industry wide.. My daughter has a fairly large catering company that does a lot of caterings for pharm reps. First part of the year her business from that sector slowed down considerably but seems to be picking up a bit now.

Back