I Was Doing "_________" Before Insurance..

Todd Preston

Expert
I have seen A LOT of post from people who have said "insurance is my second, third or fourth career." As I have become more and more curious I was wanting to start a thread to see what areas and walks of life all the truckers had before embarking on this journey.

I was in the Car sales business....before considering the insurance life....
NEXT....

I am excited to see what you all did in your PAST LIVES?

I think many on here know how my mind works and this post is no exception. When I first saw the topic and the blank line my first thought was put "yo motha" in it.

But now, in all seriousness, I also have about 25 years of restaurant management in fast food. "Baby sitting", in other words.

These have all been full time paid jobs: civil service USDA, church ministry, environmental engineering/contracting, and automotive repair shop management. Is this enough variety?

Last edited:
Millwright/oiler in a Paper Mill....Prior to that I had been a restaurant manager, welder/heat treatment supervisor and in the USAF.. Since entering the insurance business, I have also dealt in antiques and been a minister.

I have seen A LOT of post from people who have said "insurance is my second, third or fourth career." As I have become more and more curious I was wanting to start a thread to see what areas and walks of life all the truckers had before embarking on this journey.

I was in the Car sales business....before considering the insurance life....
NEXT....

I am excited to see what you all did in your PAST LIVES?

Well, I'm at the ripe age of 26, and I started my post-college working career with Nationwide Insurance in one of their corporate offices. Call center, claims, then underwriting. Made the move to the agency side 14 months ago

I worked on the slime line all through high school, then hotels, office manager for a manufacturing company and then sold USED garbage trucks. I've had a well rounded working life so far, I think.

Latest posts

Back