I Need a Life Insurance Mentor

Mark, it is exactly what Xrac and Wino said. There is a world of difference between coaching someone using the phone and email, and riding along on 10+ appointments a week, making prospecting calls, doing design work, scrubbing apps, etc.

Mark, it is exactly what Xrac and Wino said. There is a world of difference between coaching someone using the phone and email, and riding along on 10+ appointments a week, making prospecting calls, doing design work, scrubbing apps, etc.

It sure would be tough on the mentor to do this.

I was lucky enough that my father was the boss and someone had to drag me along with them and help show me the way.

I was lucky enough that my father was the boss and someone had to drag me along with them and help show me the way.

This is how career shops use to work. Everyone benefited until New York suddenly decided that sales managers made too much. Their comp got cut, and the focus went from how much premium the agency was producing, to how many new agents the agency was recruiting.

This is why the newby has to bring something to the table. What the set up should be is the newby books all the appointments and does the paperwork. The mentor does the selling and they split the commission. This way the newby learns, he doesn't starve, and both parties benefit.

As a mentor, I have to ask myself is the person worth the investment of a lot of my time.

Most of the time, I can tell within 15 mins if the agent is going to make it or not.

Latest posts

Back