If I Knew then what I Know Now.....

It's not like Rouse isn't a walking billboard for those products.

Never had a stroke but belive this is the 6th cardiac event. Don't know if that makes me a walking billboard or not. Certainly qualifies to address what a person should not do.. :)

----------

I would've learned how to pick my mentors and selling processes better. Then build my belief to match the 'great Mehdi' about the insurance business.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKsNrrN4Bc4

Saw Medhi and heard him speak in Knoxville, TN in the 70s.. Amazing man!

I would've learned how to pick my mentors and selling processes better. Then build my belief to match the 'great Mehdi' about the insurance business.

awesome...never heard of him.
Going to pick up his books.

Im studying for my license right now...so I love threads like this.

I wouldn't change a thing. Well, maybe not ever assign commissions.

But the rest was tuition. I'm a learn by doing type so had I not done the doing I wouldn't have learned.

That bad stuff just makes the good stuff better.

Honestly, for me... I'd probably have gone captive with a mutual a few years to learn the business a-z.
Going indy right out of the gate has probably cost me tons of $ long term... no mentor, no process, etc. The school of hard knocks has its perks, but imo its a tougher road than I would recommend.

I would have started building my mailing list earlier.

It doesn't matter how good a job you do for your clients if they can't remember your phone number when they want to refer you or buy again.

If I knew what I know now......

Once you are deep in a career it is hard to change paths.

If I knew what I know now.....

Most 36 year olds are questioning what they are doing, how they got there, and if it is plausible to switch paths.

(I do not fall into that bucket)

If I knew what I know now...

I think I would have started my own agency....and be in Ins1977 situation right now, very Rich (Not rich enough to retire), but burning out quick at 33......

Also would have concentrated on the Cancer market instead of med supp and FE.

I would love to hear more about that, rousemark. I know nothing of the cancer insurance market. Would you mind sharing a bit of why you feel that way?

I would love to hear more about that, rousemark. I know nothing of the cancer insurance market. Would you mind sharing a bit of why you feel that way?

First, even though some don't, I believe in the product. As a cancer survivor, I see there is a very real need. Most folks from 18-85 are potential prospects. Simple underwriting, basically if they have never had cancer, HIV or AIDS they qualify. First year comission 60-70% with a 12-20% lifetime renewal. Product has a very good persistency.

Back