Is ILIAA Still a Good Resource to Use?

mimi90094

Hello there,

I am a new agent to the business and recently decided to dive straight in and start out independent after some less than stellar experiences. I found some posts about the ILIAA website, but they are a few years old so I am trying to find out if people are still using it and getting useful info from it or it the info they provide is outdated. The most recent post I could find is from 2012.

If you have used the website, did they provide enough info for an agent to understand what they need to know and how to work independently?

I looked into a few companies and even started with some and their training wasn't very good. It was all over the phone and most of the time when I needed to speak to my upline for help, they're unavailable. I couldn't get the attention I needed to understand everything as thoroughly as I should. I'm feeling frustrated at the idea of working under someone because I am ready to soak it all up, but feel like I am not getting the guidance and training to do so.

Any advice on where or how to start being a new agent would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello there,

I am a new agent to the business and recently decided to dive straight in and start out independent after some less than stellar experiences. I found some posts about the ILIAA website, but they are a few years old so I am trying to find out if people are still using it and getting useful info from it or it the info they provide is outdated. The most recent post I could find is from 2012.

If you have used the website, did they provide enough info for an agent to understand what they need to know and how to work independently?

I looked into a few companies and even started with some and their training wasn't very good. It was all over the phone and most of the time when I needed to speak to my upline for help, they're unavailable. I couldn't get the attention I needed to understand everything as thoroughly as I should. I'm feeling frustrated at the idea of working under someone because I am ready to soak it all up, but feel like I am not getting the guidance and training to do so.

Any advice on where or how to start being a new agent would be greatly appreciated!!
I'm not familiar with all the training on the site, but I know they do have some informative webinars pretty regularly. The discounts alone are worth the membership.

Hello there, I am a new agent to the business and recently decided to dive straight in and start out independent after some less than stellar experiences. I found some posts about the ILIAA website, but they are a few years old so I am trying to find out if people are still using it and getting useful info from it or it the info they provide is outdated. The most recent post I could find is from 2012. If you have used the website, did they provide enough info for an agent to understand what they need to know and how to work independently? I looked into a few companies and even started with some and their training wasn't very good. It was all over the phone and most of the time when I needed to speak to my upline for help, they're unavailable. I couldn't get the attention I needed to understand everything as thoroughly as I should. I'm feeling frustrated at the idea of working under someone because I am ready to soak it all up, but feel like I am not getting the guidance and training to do so. Any advice on where or how to start being a new agent would be greatly appreciated!!

They are pretty good. If you are new you can learn some stuff there. May not be all the info you need though.

I cannot speak to ILIAA as I am not a member.

I typically recommend new agents check out the Insurance Pro Shop and start out with their "members only" site for only $25/month. The online training videos there are GREAT.

IPS Insurance Marketing and Sales Resource Center
I think of lot of the stuff Lew teaches went way over my head when I was new, but the Found Money concept was genius!

----------

Hello there,

I'm suprised Rick hasn't chimed in here! If you sign up you get the medicaretraining101.com site included for free!

They give you a free trial (I think 7 days). So why not just find out yourself?
Nick, the guy who runs it is very knowledgeable.

Iliaa is great, good discounts, good information. Iliaa seems to be taliored more to the experienced agent, JMHO. If you want nothing to do with Med Supps. I would go the IPS route as well.

I'm suprised Rick hasn't chimed in here! If you sign up you get the medicaretraining101.com site included for free!

I've been out of town for a few days but I think Nick does a great job with webinars on ILIAA. Virtually everything he's done is saved in the archives.

For a new agent there are many videos on getting from getting started to record keeping to cross selling to advanced sales. And the discounts are terrific.

There is a 3-day free trial at ILIAA and you do get membership in MedicareTraining101 without additional cost.

Rick

Back