I'm close to a great idea, need your help

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I need some help from you. I need to learn more about how clients prepay for their funerals, through the funeral homes. On their payment plans options.

I had a client tell me that he was prepaying for his funeral through a funeral home. Every month he was sending them some money on a payment plan. He told me that the funeral home would knock off 10% of a normal funeral cost if he gets on this payment plan to pay off his funeral. He had already picked out everything that he wanted for the funeral.

It hit me a like a ton of bricks. Let’s say the funeral was going to cost $7,000 in this example. He would save 10% $700 bucks. So he would end up paying $6,300 for a $7,000 funeral. This is why the client was doing this plan.

I’m trying to make a better plan for these types of clients using Life Insurance. I know that I can beat the funeral homes deal with life insurance and if he dies tomorrow, that we will go ahead and pay for the entire funeral and his payments are over. I’m looking at a single premium plan. I can sell him $7,000 for around $3,400. That is if he has the money all up front. Option two is sell him a normal whole life plan. I don’t have to tell you agents what a deal life insurance is and how it will save him money. I could give him a $25,000 policy that he will never even pay me $7,000 for. I can save him more then just $700 bucks and it does not matter how soon he dies. I’m still not done running all my numbers on this client. But I know I can save him more then $700 bucks with Life Insurance and give him a greater amount of money and protection. Maybe it is just this one funeral home trying to rip off this guy. I don’t know if this is common or not.

I don’t know much of anything about how funeral homes, do the payment plans or how this works. But I’m on to something here. I can hands down beat the deal the clients are getting. I just need to understand how this works.

I need someone to explain to me how funeral homes do the prepay options and the payment plans.

I will make all of us marketing systems on this idea when I’ve learn more about this. I’m not sure how many people do this also or it would be worth our wild to hunt for these clients.

Re: I'm close to a great idea, need your help.

I need some help from you. I need to learn more about how clients prepay for their funerals, through the funeral homes. On their payment plans options.

I had a client tell me that he was prepaying for his funeral through a funeral home. Every month he was sending them some money on a payment plan. He told me that the funeral home would knock off 10% of a normal funeral cost if he gets on this payment plan to pay off his funeral. He had already picked out everything that he wanted for the funeral.

It hit me a like a ton of bricks. Let’s say the funeral was going to cost $7,000 in this example. He would save 10% $700 bucks. So he would end up paying $6,300 for a $7,000 funeral. This is why the client was doing this plan.

I’m trying to make a better plan for these types of clients using Life Insurance. I know that I can beat the funeral homes deal with life insurance and if he dies tomorrow, that we will go ahead and pay for the entire funeral and his payments are over. I’m looking at a single premium plan. I can sell him $7,000 for around $3,400. That is if he has the money all up front. Option two is sell him a normal whole life plan. I don’t have to tell you agents what a deal life insurance is and how it will save him money. I could give him a $25,000 policy that he will never even pay me $7,000 for. I can save him more then just $700 bucks and it does not matter how soon he dies. I’m still not done running all my numbers on this client. But I know I can save him more then $700 bucks with Life Insurance and give him a greater amount of money and protection. Maybe it is just this one funeral home trying to rip off this guy. I don’t know if this is common or not.

I don’t know much of anything about how funeral homes, do the payment plans or how this works. But I’m on to something here. I can hands down beat the deal the clients are getting. I just need to understand how this works.

I need someone to explain to me how funeral homes do the prepay options and the payment plans.

I will make all of us marketing systems on this idea when I’ve learn more about this. I’m not sure how many people do this also or it would be worth our wild to hunt for these clients.

The person to answer your questions is NEWBY. He IS an expert on prepaid plans and final expenses. He got his start in the funeral industry. The one thing you are not think about here is that it is my understanding that in many of these prepaid plans the prepayers are protected from inflation. The funeral home guarantees the price

Re: I'm close to a great idea, need your help.

some of the prepaid plans in tx are having huge problems now -with the state board. I think maybe they pocket the funds rather than investing the funds into insurance- somehow.

I don't understand why you're not just selling 20 year term for 50K and promising the money to the beneficiaries tax-free. You can do an assignment to the home as well to make sure the arrangements are paid for.

Sure, that's the variable, but there're too many factors in this scenario. I'm just hesitant to spend $80 a month on pre-paid services, when the prospect coulda gotten twice/three times the coverage for 1/2 the money.

Ok, I have been there to answer the phone when the 20 yr term went from $60 a month to $800 a month on a company that sold that block of business to a company that has the absolutely worst conversion option. Oh, and they now have prostate cancer and insulin dependant diabetes. Those are the variables.

Back