I'm A Newly Licensed Agent

I mean this in all sincerity: the insurance industry is a tough way to go. I've been in insurance since 1986 and I've been through one of everything. So who's the axxhole, smallie biggies?

There's a lot of good information on the forum: use your search engine for specifics and you will learn a lot. You'll learn who is real and will give you good information. I read more than I post just to learn from those knowledgeable.

Oh ok..... so you've been in the business for quite awhile.... couple of years less than me, but certainly close enough.

My point, which was certainly proven, is that the ummmmm "experts" here are not the most "friendly" people out there. Many industry forums, with the exception of this one, are helpful, patient, and willing to help new people; particularly young people.... which we were all once.... I know it's been probably 4 score and seven years ago since you were "young". Perhaps medication would help you recall, or at least be less of a krunt.

Oh ok..... so you've been in the business for quite awhile.... couple of years less than me, but certainly close enough.

My point, which was certainly proven, is that the ummmmm "experts" here are not the most "friendly" people out there. Many industry forums, with the exception of this one, are helpful, patient, and willing to help new people; particularly young people.... which we were all once.... I know it's been probably 4 score and seven years ago since you were "young". Perhaps medication would help you recall, or at least be less of a krunt.

What a jerk you are, biggies small. I hope he doesn't listen to the likes of you for sure. There is absolutely no value in the comments you are making. You are just being downright nasty; and you think you are 'helping' "young" people, old man? :twitchy:

----------

Should I take that as a positive or a negative?

It was intended as a positive. Insurance is a tough business. You're going to need to be thicker skinned if you took 'Bless Your Heart' as a negative. Geez, Louise.

There are a lot of people on this forum that are very knowledgeable. When I have an idea, a thought, a question I do a lot of searches and get a lot of good answers.

There are a lot of inciters on here .... like biggies. He is looking for trouble it seems. There's no trouble here. He needs to go somewhere else to look for a fight today. THE END.

What a jerk you are, biggies small. I hope he doesn't listen to the likes of you for sure. There is absolutely no value in the comments you are making. You are just being downright nasty; and you think you are 'helping' "young" people, old man? :twitchy:

----------

It was intended as a positive. Insurance is a tough business. You're going to need to be thicker skinned if you took 'Bless Your Heart' as a negative. Geez, Louise.

There are a lot of people on this forum that are very knowledgeable. When I have an idea, a thought, a question I do a lot of searches and get a lot of good answers.

There are a lot of inciters on here .... like biggies. He is looking for trouble it seems. There's no trouble here. He needs to go somewhere else to look for a fight today. THE END.

Lol. Old man.... In all likelihood, you're older than I am. By the way, I'm not at all looking for a fight. Yes, your "Bless your heart" remark was degrading and just down right rude. The poor guy is just looking for a little bit of help..... and that was your answer? At least I was truthful with him; was I not? I used the term axxhole describing no one in particular, yet you took it personally. So personally, you are probably the type of "personality" I was cautioning young Dylan to avoid.

Proved my point right out of the gate.... on both counts :)
Enjoy your weekend Dirty Sally or Dirty Mary or whatever you are :)

THE VERY END

Well bless your heart!

Rick

Uh... this forum is much more "forgiving" than you seem to be.

I'm quite patient and explain a lot when there are specific questions and the posters know what kind of information they are looking for.

Did you read the OP on this? Let's revisit it:

Hey Everyone,

I just got my life insurance license and my health and accident license about a month ago.

Informative.

I currently work for AIL and they generally have me driving around a lot. Which I honestly don't mind. I just want to know if it is best that I go independent or stick with them?

I cannot make that decision for the OP.

If I do go independent what do I need to start?

Okay, I can simply reply E&O and contracts to sell with different companies.

I did read some of the bigger threads on here but I want to know if anyone can kinda break it down for me.

That's where he lost it for me. Being an independent agent is about being in business for yourself. Yet, he wants other people to do his work FOR him. He can't be bothered to look up and read the information here?

I know i'm asking for a lot but it would be greatly appreciated.

Sure, I get "appreciation". But anybody that wants someone else to do the THINKING for him... shouldn't be an independent agent.

Do you know the old computer adage of "Garbage in, Garbage out"?

Ask more specific questions and you'll get more specific answers.

But this guy has been TRAINED not to think, look up, or process information. This kind of person should not become an independent agent.

Uh... this forum is much more "forgiving" than you seem to be.

I'm quite patient and explain a lot when there are specific questions and the posters know what kind of information they are looking for.

Did you read the OP on this? Let's revisit it:

Informative.

I cannot make that decision for the OP.

Okay, I can simply reply E&O and contracts to sell with different companies.

That's where he lost it for me. Being an independent agent is about being in business for yourself. Yet, he wants other people to do his work FOR him. He can't be bothered to look up and read the information here?

Sure, I get "appreciation". But anybody that wants someone else to do the THINKING for him... shouldn't be an independent agent.

Do you know the old computer adage of "Garbage in, Garbage out"?

Ask more specific questions and you'll get more specific answers.

But this guy has been TRAINED not to think, look up, or process information. This kind of person should not become an independent agent.

Agreed........ but why not help out another human being and relay the info to him that you just spelled out. If someone is looking for help, help him . Don't tear him down. Even if helping them is saying something like, " based on my experience in this industry and based on your questions, I don't feel this is the opportunity for you"

People here, when responding to young new people should ask themselves, "What if that was my kid asking this question? "

I doubt most people would want their kid "ripped a new axx" like is so common on here. A lot of people deny it, but look around. The frequenters on this forum, particularly FE, are not the nicest people in the world. Maybe its the mindset.

In my opinion, the only ones that are helpful to new agents on this forum is Agentguy5 (Doug) Rearden(Dave) and maybe one or two others. The others are just too high and mighty and too narcissistic and closed minded to climb down from their ivory tower to be of help to someone in need.

Last edited:
Al,

You cannot regulate personalities.

10360691_10152844581764010_9034029736571038197_n.png

Agreed........ but why not help out another human being and relay the info to him that you just spelled out. If someone is looking for help, help him . Don't tear him down. Even if helping them is saying something like, " based on my experience in this industry and based on your questions, I don't feel this is the opportunity for you"

People here, when responding to young new people should ask themselves, "What if that was my kid asking this question? "

I doubt most people would want their kid "ripped a new axx" like is so common on here. A lot of people deny it, but look around. The frequenters on this forum, particularly FE, are not the nicest people in the world. Maybe its the mindset.

In my opinion, the only ones that are helpful to new agents on this forum is Agentguy5 (Doug) Rearden(Dave) and maybe one or two others. The others are just too high and mighty and too narcissistic and closed minded to climb down from their ivory tower to be of help to someone in need.

Im pretty nice to most too lol, lots of old codgers here hate anyone under the age of 50, thats too bad, some of us are the real deal. Why do so many people keep calling you Al?? Enligten a younger pup.

P

You are right, I have seen some of the rudest replys to people wanting help. I really think they are failing and are just angry. Scagnt83 and Vol (forgive me not sure it thats correct) seem to really know the business.

Back