Independant L&H Agent with a Felony Conviction Looking for Carriers that Will Accept Me

I'm looking to be captive.

Good luck to you. I know there are some felonies that make it almost impossible to sell insurance (financial fraud for instance), and others that may be more workable. The time that has lapsed since the conviction is also an important issue, as is your history of any other run-ins with the law or with other insurers and financial institutions. However, if I were you, I wouldn't say, "I'm looking to be captive." hehehehe

Yeah I definitely didn't mean to put that. I'm looking not to be captive. lol I have a felony drug charge conviction. I'll look up those carriers you mentioned and see how it goes. I appreciate all the suggestions! I've been spinning my wheels and was losing hope. So thanks so much!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Did you apply online to these carriers?

Last edited:
never lose HOPE my friend. Sometimes that is all we got! Good luck!

PS---sorry i could not point u in the right direction. Just never give up my friend!

Yeah I definitely didn't mean to put that. I'm looking not to be captive. lol I have a felony drug charge conviction. I'll look up those carriers you mentioned and see how it goes. I appreciate all the suggestions! I've been spinning my wheels and was losing hope. So thanks so much!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Did you apply online to these carriers?

Went through an IMO... Didn't have any problems getting appointed. I was a nervous the whole time thinking I would get shot down. Best advice I can give you is don't give up until you start to hear yes. Try every angle every possible way.

Yeah I just contacted american applicable and they said I would need to go thru an imo. My friend said he could get the contracts for me. I just wanted to be able to do it on my own. So I take it I have to go thru him. And that means his setup thru an imo. Is that right?

Yeah I just contacted american applicable and they said I would need to go thru an imo. My friend said he could get the contracts for me. I just wanted to be able to do it on my own. So I take it I have to go thru him. And that means his setup thru an imo. Is that right?

Take it from me, don't let your friend be your upline. When you realize, and you will, that its not working out, it will be difficult to leave and your friendship will be affected.

Also, you can most likely get better contracts from somebody on the forums. If I ever recruited, I could give my original upline better comps than he has now.

Went through an IMO... Didn't have any problems getting appointed. I was a nervous the whole time thinking I would get shot down. Best advice I can give you is don't give up until you start to hear yes. Try every angle every possible way.

Which IMO did you go through?

Can you petition the court to reduce your felony to a misdemeanor? It would make life a lot easier for you.

I know different states do this type of thing differently, but if you meet the guidelines, its worth the few hundred bucks it costs.

Dan

Back