Info About Woodmen of the World Company ?

You: "But Mr. Prospect, you don't understand. I'm with Woodmen of the World. We are a fraternal, and non-profit on top of that."

Prospect: "Well Sam, why didn't you say so! How soon can you get here? You bring your paperwork and I'll have my checkbook ready and you can get us all signed up!"

that happens to me all the time........

Your prospects call you Sam? You know that slump you were concerned about. I think I might have found your problem.

you can call me anything....just don't call me late for dinner....

Last edited by a moderator:
We do have our own internal DNC list that is correct. My marketing plan focuses on FE, The demographics in the community I live in are ridiculous for when it comes to people over 50 making less then 50K a year. Plus most elderly people love a nice visit, toss in a free american flag for new members and you have yourself a deal :).

Dont get me wrong there are bad aspects about this company. If you have a weak area manager Fraternal HQ will be no help when it comes to explaining pay. But aside from that if your a go getter they have a good business development agreement that makes sure you wont starve to death. Plus you get to work for a fraternal brotherhood of like minded people (they need insurance) and not for the money grubbing low life cheatem all when you can selling $1,000,000 whole life policy to poor lonely widows for profit life insurance companies who are just out to make a quick buck and promote communist rules that dont apply to themselves. :1biggrin:. Also i hear allstate has a good starting pay structure

When an agent is unable to place the policy due to premium because of rating or something then Woodmen has an insurance agency that will shop the other companies they use so for you so that you can give a client more options-its pretty cool so that the business stays with you.

What if Woodman offers standard, but is 30% more than the competition? Just smile and tell them Woodman is non-profit?

We do have our own internal DNC list that is correct. My marketing plan focuses on FE, The demographics in the community I live in are ridiculous for when it comes to people over 50 making less then 50K a year. Plus most elderly people love a nice visit, toss in a free american flag for new members and you have yourself a deal :).

Dont get me wrong there are bad aspects about this company. If you have a weak area manager Fraternal HQ will be no help when it comes to explaining pay. But aside from that if your a go getter they have a good business development agreement that makes sure you wont starve to death. Plus you get to work for a fraternal brotherhood of like minded people (they need insurance) and not for the money grubbing low life cheatem all when you can selling $1,000,000 whole life policy to poor lonely widows for profit life insurance companies who are just out to make a quick buck and promote communist rules that dont apply to themselves. :1biggrin:. Also i hear allstate has a good starting pay structure
Sam, I was with you until the part I quoted in red. Keep drinking the koolaid - it's your perogative. The problem with your closing thought above is that it inaccurate and shows your inexperience and inability to bring a fair balance to your thinking.

One last thing. According to WOW's 2010 Annual Report, there were almost 800,000 members. The company spent just under $30 million on fraternal expenditures. That's an average of about $37 per member. Hardly world-changing.

I'm not interested in bursting your bubble, but do yourself a favor and try to shoe-horn in just a little bit of fact to go with your exuberance. You had to admit you were wrong about the DNC. There might be a few other things you need to go back to the drawing board on.

Not for profits are only allowed to be exempt from DNC for fundraising.
Selling insurance is not exactly fundraising.

Not for profits are only allowed to be exempt from DNC for fundraising.
Selling insurance is not exactly fundraising.

Its all in how you present it. I'm raising funds for the VolAgent Support and Welfare committee.

Its all in how you present it. I'm raising funds for the VolAgent Support and Welfare committee.

That's true. And if your wife spends it as fast as you make it...there's no profit. That's a not for profit if I ever saw one.

Back