Insphere Vs AIL

Tudisca

I have been contacted by both companies and am looking at both. I have met with the GA of Inshpere but not yet with AIL. I was wondering what a better starting point was or if there is a better company to look at. I am still unsure about creating my own leads, so maybe some company that would assist me with leads or teach me how to get my own. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Neither of these would be my choice. Talk to Metlife, Western Southern, Combined, Mutual of Omaha, Mass Mutual, Guardian, New York Life, Ohio National, or Northwestern Mutual these are all better choice in my opinion.

I'm going to have to disagree. I would go with AIL over Combined (assuming both were well run offices). AIL will actually give you leads and has a system. Insphere is nothing to get excited about, do your homework on UGA/MEGA/HealthMarkets (all the same company) and that'll help give you a better idea of what you're walking into.

If I were in your position I'd start with AIL and expect to get abused knowing that the training you'll be getting is worth it. If you actually follow what they tell you to do and do it then you might make some money too. I made $7k with them the first month I worked in this business fresh out of college. There is nothing to say you can't leave them after 6 months and go indy after you've learned what you can from there. Some people actually do well and stick around; depending on how well you're cut out for the business, you might make a career there. Virtually anywhere else you go you'll need to get your own leads and you won't have enough to be able to actually learn how to sell insurance. Most folks will dog on AIL, but few of them have actually worked for them.

A friend who owns a hair salon asked me to come be a fly on the wall when an AIL guy came over and work his magic. I was prepared to talk with the guy that showed up about the specifics of the policy and whatever other stuff he was there to do. He'd been with them a number of years (according to him) and by the time he was done (while I was casually observing), all I could do was feel sorry for the guy.

The pitch seemed like it was right out of the 1950s. Giving away some worthless AD&D policy, etc. I thought it was pathetic...

Then when you wrap into the whole deal that it's a Torchmark company, well, there you go. I despise that company deeply.

Of these two choices, I'd pick:

C.) None of the above.

Last edited:
If you join AIL expect to do a lot of driving. They use to send me two hours away on calls. If you have appointments until 10 p.m. and then drive two hours home it is a long day. My wife did not like that.

If you join AIL expect to do a lot of driving. They use to send me two hours away on calls. If you have appointments until 10 p.m. and then drive two hours home it is a long day. My wife did not like that.

Exactly. It may not be 2 hours, but it might. It is definitely something that should be getting your full attention and that's what they're going to expect. By them doing that you'll learn a TON and quite possibly actually learn how to sell insurance.

Where would you suggest a new person start at then?

These companies can make the process seem harder because they mostly do not give leads but they teach you how to prospect which in the long run can be better. Met, NYL, Mass Mutual there are others.

I also will be in the minority, I am not suggesting that you spend a lifetime with AIL but it just might be a great place to start. I enjoyed my time at AIL, tons,tons,tons, of leads.

Here is what I didn't like about AIL, having a silly "pep rally" every Monday and Thursday, working every Saturday and working 60 hours a week.

As far as using their "1950's approach" after about a month with AIL, the only time I got out the "blue presentation" book was when I went into my local office. Other that, once you know what you are doing the presentation book is worthless. AIL is not for everyone, do not mis-understand me but if you are a rookie and broke you can make some money with them if you work hard.

Back