Insurance Marketing Plan(s)

insurance07

New to insurance sales. Came from mortgage brokering. Does anyone know of an "Insurance Toolbox" type site/product? Similiar to Loan Toolbox, where you have a marketing strategy (or 2) in one spot. Prefer replies from someone recommending a site/product they've used and had success with. Many thanks.

Here is your toolbox:

Doorhangers.com= you can get 10,000 doorhangers for $299 includes shipping. You need to put them up every day in middle to upper class neighborhoods. Average .5% response.

Telemarketing= Hire a telemarketer to call and pitch Health insurance. Its easier to cross sell life than to cross sell health.

Stand on the corner in some tight spandex shorts with no shirt on and hold up a sign "Will work for health insurance leads"
This should get you arrested or beaten up but you might get some attention and write a couple policies.

Good luck :D

Here is your toolbox:

Doorhangers.com= you can get 10,000 doorhangers for $299 includes shipping. You need to put them up every day in middle to upper class neighborhoods. Average .5% response.

Telemarketing= Hire a telemarketer to call and pitch Health insurance. Its easier to cross sell life than to cross sell health.

Stand on the corner in some tight spandex shorts with no shirt on and hold up a sign "Will work for health insurance leads"
This should get you arrested or beaten up but you might get some attention and write a couple policies.

Good luck :D

I am in the process of hiring a telemarketer and wanted to ask when you did, did you search for someone who had insurance experience or just telemarketing experience?
Did you just place an ad? Thanks for any tips you can offer

I am in the process of hiring a telemarketer and wanted to ask when you did, did you search for someone who had insurance experience or just telemarketing experience?
Did you just place an ad? Thanks for any tips you can offer

Do you happen to live near any colleges? I have found that college kids make great telemarketers (if you find the right one). They have to work in the late afternoon and evenings and you don't have to pay them much.

Just look for anybody that really likes to talk to people and is thick skinned. Most can perform adequately with the proper training and direction.

Do you happen to live near any colleges? I have found that college kids make great telemarketers (if you find the right one). They have to work in the late afternoon and evenings and you don't have to pay them much.

Just look for anybody that really likes to talk to people and is thick skinned. Most can perform adequately with the proper training and direction.

Great idea, thanks. Lots of colleges around me. I was looking into ELance, but the heavy accents might be a deal breaker... haha

I say pick a product, learn it, learn it well, learn to market that product, internalize it, find all the bells and whistles that make it great to own. Then and only then, after you gain some amount of success with that product, learn another one.

Specialization makes success!
;)

Scott

I've been listening to some great podcasts on sales and marketing techniques. They are from evolutionary sales and they're free. I think they have some good ideas for lots of this stuff. However, as far as leads go, I'm using my warm market, my recruits warm markets and the leads we got from working fairs and booths in the area. Getting in front of people is really helping me now. When I was selling insurance for Bankers Life, we got a lot of our leads from Bankers Life. They would give us responders (those who sent back a mailer), and non-responders (those who didn't send back a mailer) and the list of people turning age 65. There were also other leads they gave us (we had to pay, of course). We called each list and just had different scripts for each type of lead. It seemed to work well enough, but had I listened to that podcast before I stopped selling insurance, I have a feeling I would have had much more success on the phones and also in opening relationships (closing the deals).
I think you can get the podcasts by typing evolutionary sales into google. Sorry I can't list the url because I haven't posted 15 times.
Amy

I say pick a product, learn it, learn it well, learn to market that product, internalize it, find all the bells and whistles that make it great to own. Then and only then, after you gain some amount of success with that product, learn another one.

Specialization makes success!
;)

Scott

Wheres the "marketing" part of your marketing plan?

This is a very good question. Go to loan toolbox dot com and see the product, it is great for mortgage brokers. It would be phenomenal for selling personal lines products to show the difference between the two/three quotes with coverages and price.

If you find one, let me know, I have not found a good one yet. I found one online and it was horrendous. Visual basic program / macro garbage from 2001 and never updated.

Latest posts

Back