Interview with Guardian Life GA

Jackie007

I know that Guardian Life is considered LGBT friendly, diverse, etc. I have an interview with one of their GAs. Would it give me an advantage in the interview to mention that as a member of the LGBT community, I would be in a position be especially understanding to the LGBT community and their financial needs/situation?

Note: there is also a sizeable LGBT community in the territory range

Welcome to the forum!

I don't think it would be a good idea for you to disclose your personal sexual orientation. The reason is that if you're not selected, it could end up being used as discrimination against them.

You could say that you have a definitive niche market that you plan to target. In particular, you can mention DINKs - Dual Income, No Kids - as being a specific targeted demographic.

BTW, if you'd like a jump start on studying on specific things that LGBT and DINKS have for financial issues, I'd recommend studying up on my friend David Rae's posts on Huffington Post. He's been planning for the LGBT community for over 10 years and has certainly made that his niche market.

David Rae

Financial Planner Los Angeles - David Rae Certified Financial Planner

Just act intelligent and interested and they wlll take you on. The other important qualification is to be breathing.

Back