Job with Family First Life

Shawn Maeike's setup of his company is different. There isnt those nonsense fees that many see when contracted with certain IMO's. He believes that agents should only spend money on the gas you put in your car and investing in leads, nothing more. I believe it's very beneficial to be a part of a sales company that is run by sales people, gives you real training like live dials and hearing from different people from all walks of life, letting you know that you can do this too because they were in your shoes not too long ago.

Shawn Maeike's setup of his company is different. There isnt those nonsense fees that many see when contracted with certain IMO's. He believes that agents should only spend money on the gas you put in your car and investing in leads, nothing more. I believe it's very beneficial to be a part of a sales company that is run by sales people, gives you real training like live dials and hearing from different people from all walks of life, letting you know that you can do this too because they were in your shoes not too long ago.

And forges clients signatures and lies to them about money coming from their accounts. There's a reason why clients call upset about money being drafted, it's because something isn't right. There's 4 of us who originally worked for him and only 1 still remains... We all watched him forge signatures and lie to people.
If you can sleep at night forging things then this is the business for you.

Clearly you are a part of FFL. So what's going on with the federal lawsuit from NAA?

You would know as much as I do on that subject. All i have access to is google, just like you.

----------

And forges clients signatures and lies to them about money coming from their accounts. There's a reason why clients call upset about money being drafted, it's because something isn't right. There's 4 of us who originally worked for him and only 1 still remains... We all watched him forge signatures and lie to people.

Im not for doing illegal things which is why i make sure i don't do such things. Did you quit because you were asked to do such things and you refused since its illegal and outrageous to you? or did you get fired because you werent doing what your job description entails? (i know your job description will not have one bullet point saying "must agree to do illegal things per diem")

Ok, it's not EXACTLY like NAA but it is the following:

Multi Level Marketing style
"Exclusive" leads that cost more than they should because it's a profit center JUST LIKE NAA
they start people at 55% contract so they can build a pyramid

Non-compete that is literally stolen from NAA that each agent must agree to

The same people as NAA

They don't start people at 55%. It's 65%, and that's for newbies to the insurance business. As a current producer, I was offered an 85% contract out of the gate.

The lead system is different in that the leads aren't sold to multiple people within the organization, which is a MAJOR difference from NAA.

And no offense, but you sound pretty naïve. Every corner insurance agency in the country is built on an over-ride system. Labeling FFL a pyramid or MLM is just stupid. All insurance agencies are set up with the higher ups profiting from those beneath them.

----------

Clearly you are a part of FFL. So what's going on with the federal lawsuit from NAA?

As I understand it, the lawsuit is not v. FFL per se, but against the individuals who left NAA to join FFL. It appears to be on an individual basis.

FWIW, the person I talked to wasn't worried about it.....at all.

And no offense, but you sound pretty naïve. Every corner insurance agency in the country is built on an over-ride system. Labeling FFL a pyramid or MLM is just stupid. All insurance agencies are set up with the higher ups profiting from those beneath them.

The MLM companies bastardize and trivialize the profession.

The MLM companies say "anyone can do this".

The MLM companies say "you can become a manager with lots of people selling under you".

You sound pretty naïve yourself.

If true, it would be easy, VERY EASY to report the guy to the State Insurance Department and have him permanently removed from the insurance business.

Since he's going strong with FFL, your story seems more like internet whining than anything legitimate. The insurance business is highly regulated. If what you are saying is true, then taking it to internet message boards is worthless. Put your money where your mouth is and report the guy to the insurance department.

----------

The MLM companies bastardize and trivialize the profession.

The MLM companies say "anyone can do this".

The MLM companies say "you can become a manager with lots of people selling under you".

You sound pretty naïve yourself.

Which has what to do with FFL?

My conversations with them have mentioned none of what you have listed here. None.

I've been with NAA, so I know the schtick. It looks like a lot of folks are trying to paint FFL with the same broad stroke without actually talking to anyone in depth about it. I have. The person I talked to was in deep with NAA, and says FFL is nothing like NAA at all. The contracts, the lead system, the push to bring more people in, none of that. And I trust what that person would say implicitly. This person is way too kind and considerate to be purposely misleading.

Fortunately, I'll do my own due diligence, instead of counting on the "whinery" that sites like this usually are.

Yeah... because "they're different" and "they're the only ones that do it right".

Bunch of BS.

Let's be clear: You are joining FFL because of your sponsor. Not everyone will have a sponsor like what you're describing.

A personal experience will trump broad strokes... but don't ignore the broad strokes either.

Yeah... because "they're different" and "they're the only ones that do it right".

Bunch of BS.

Let's be clear: You are joining FFL because of your sponsor. Not everyone will have a sponsor like what you're describing.

A personal experience will trump broad strokes... but don't ignore the broad strokes either.

Again, I'm hearing nothing like what you're quoting.

The person I worked with at NAA left for reasons I agreed with. He's now at a place he likes way, WAY better for reasons I also agree with.

I haven't made any decision. I currently work for the biggest insurance company in the USA, and I don't see anything they do as any more honorable or true to the industry than what certain IMO's do.

Back