Job with Family First Life

Just wanted to add my two cents and say that the local FFL agency is more than 50% agents who were fired or "given the option to resign" from the local Bankers' Life Branch Office for stuff like clean sheeting, twisting/churning, misquoting premiums, going back and replacing other agents' apps within the same agency, etc.

Draw your own conclusions from that, I suppose.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add my two cents and say that the local FFL agency is more than 50% agents who were fired or "given the option to resign" from the local Bankers' Life Branch Office for stuff like clean sheeting, twisting/churning, misquoting premiums, going back and replacing other agents' apps within the same agency, etc.

Draw your own conclusions from that, I suppose.

They were fired for those things? I thought that's the way Bankers Life trains their agents.:)

They were fired for those things? I thought that's the way Bankers Life trains their agents.:)

:D I've heard the same about the company as a whole, but the folks in the Portland office at least are straight shooters and they absolutely do NOT mess around with that kind of stuff. They're the only ones I can speak for. There's certainly stuff the company does that I'm not thrilled with - the lack of in-depth training on IULs and Annuities to incoming agents is pretty appalling - but overall at least the people in the Portland office, as best I can tell, have some integrity.

The ones who don't go to Family First.

:D I've heard the same about the company as a whole, but the folks in the Portland office at least are straight shooters and they absolutely do NOT mess around with that kind of stuff. They're the only ones I can speak for. There's certainly stuff the company does that I'm not thrilled with - the lack of in-depth training on IULs and Annuities to incoming agents is pretty appalling - but overall at least the people in the Portland office, as best I can tell, have some integrity.

The ones who don't go to Family First.

They say there's a place in this world for everyone.:skeptical:

Does anyone know why Family First Life is not contracted to do business or write products for American Amicable?

Most likely because Am-Am cancelled the contract. Meaike's IMO is down to only 9 carriers and lost some key leaders who jumped the FFL ship last year to launch Equis Financial.

This is my first post yay. :) very green here. I have been in sales for most of my life, many many years. I like the idea of working partly from home and selling insurance and other products affiliated with it. I am not licensed yet.

I have talked to 3 companies so far last week. Family First was one of the three, that I called. I talked with the recruiter from FFL and she has very little life in her voice and she is young so that is a bit sad. I don't think she ever sold anything in her life, a pleasant voice tone and some excitement is nice to hear on the phone. I don't think she liked all my questions either. At least that is the vib I got. I gave her my email address and I didn't get the info she said she was emailing. Might call her back after the holiday. Maybe not getting the email and info was a good thing however their reviews on another site is really good. Any one currently working with them?

I also talked with and liked an agent from NAA who is recruiting for her down line and she sent me a copy of the contract because I would not log-in to the site first without viewing it. So I have that to go over. She did go to home office about sending me the agreement and answered my questions and was very pleasant at least and that is way better than my first experience with FFL.

I also talked with Farm and Ranch and the recruiter is coming to a motel/hotel in my area this week to recruit. Any new info on them? Maybe I should start a new thread about this? Love more info on NAA and Farm and Ranch please.

The reason I posted here first is I just wanted to mention the recruiter from Family First Life didn't send info to me after I asked a ton of questions. :)

I really want to get on with getting my licensing and work with a good company that I do not have to pay a fortune for leads or over pay and of course want to work with honest people and an honest company. Would Not be too happy if I have to drive an hour and a half each way for an appointment either. Once in awhile sure. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
This is my first post yay. :) very green here. I have been in sales for most of my life, many many years. I like the idea of working partly from home and selling insurance and other products affiliated with it. I am not licensed yet. I have talked to 3 companies so far last week. Family First was one of the three, that I called. I talked with the recruiter from FFL and she has very little life in her voice and she is young so that is a bit sad. I don't think she ever sold anything in her life, a pleasant voice tone and some excitement is nice to hear on the phone. I don't think she liked all my questions either. At least that is the vib I got. I gave her my email address and I didn't get the info she said she was emailing. Might call her back after the holiday. Maybe not getting the email and info was a good thing however their reviews on another site is really good. Any one currently working with them? I also talked with and liked an agent from NAA who is recruiting for her down line and she sent me a copy of the contract because I would not log-in to the site first without viewing it. So I have that to go over. She did go to home office about sending me the agreement and answered my questions and was very pleasant at least and that is way better than my first experience with FFL. I also talked with Farm and Ranch and the recruiter is coming to a motel/hotel in my area this week to recruit. Any new info on them? Maybe I should start a new thread about this? Love more info on NAA and Farm and Ranch please. The reason I posted here first is I just wanted to mention the recruiter from Family First Life didn't send info to me after I asked a ton of questions. :) I really want to get on with getting my licensing and work with a good company that I do not have to pay a fortune for leads or over pay and of course want to work with honest people and an honest company. Would Not be too happy if I have to drive an hour and a half each way for an appointment either. Once in awhile sure. Thanks for any help.
Family first life will give you the highest compensation by far. To my knowledge they go up to 140% first year commissions + renewals + bonuses.

NAA will be 60% first year commissions & no renewals & no bonuses.

These guys are like NAA, but they don't make you recruit. High commissions and decent priced leads, they also have pretty goo training.

----------

NAA makes you sign a non compete, and the FFL guys violated that, thats what the law suit was about.

What states does your company do business in?

There is a new IMO affiliated/owned by insurance giant Amerilife Group called AmeriLife Home Protection Services LLC. based out of Clearwater Florida. I joined them back in March and I am so unbelievably happy with my experience. I get an average 15 fresh mortgage protection direct mail leads a week I pay a fraction of the cost than what they cost to generate. I have a very high contract. I am currently building a team and all 8 of my agents that I brought on board are all getting an average of 15 mortgage protection leads per week. Between my personal production commissions and my override commissions I earned approximately $28,000 in commission last month. They emphasize on being different than all the other IMOs that have destroyed the market place over the years in the mortgage protection and FE markets with these MLM recruiting systems etc.. Most of you know which IMO's I'm referring to without saying their names. Hint Most of them are spinoffs from the same host based out of NC. My leads and territories I work are protected. I have read all these horror stories about all these IMO's and I just want to throw this information out there because it is a truly a breath of fresh air to be working with this company. They really do know what they are doing and are very efficient. I also like knowing that the parent company has an approximate net worth of $500 million.. per Tampa Business journal. Google it.. I believe this will become the dominant of all IMO's that do what we do over time.

Isn't that run by Sam Wolfe?

Back