Just Getting Started

great, a monkee

ok thanks
currently in texas, I plan to do business in california
how could I sell a med advantage plan to someone in the same state different city?
same question with aca plans
could I sell aca plans to people in CA while in Texas

I'm thinking "something insurance solutions"
so i have to incorporate? but only if I want to operate under a business name? how?
learning about the aca can't see why anyone wants a 5k deductible plan,
i could see people enrolling in these plans haphazardly not realizing,

If you're going to market your services with anything other than your full first and last name... then you'll need to form a separate business entity.

You can be a sole proprietor with an approved DBA name.

You can set up an LLC or a corporation. BTW, LLCs and corporations can also set up DBAs for marketing purposes.

As far as actually selling Medicare Supplement and Advantage plans in other states, I'm definitely not the person who can help you with that.

As far as the monkey... a real troll wouldn't be allowed to post 5600 times and still be a registered user. Maybe up to 100 times while we flush out their real intentions... but not thousands.

ok that makes sense,
does filing a dba cost?
can I take the certification now to sell aca plans during open enrollment this year?
What i'm getting at is, if I have a website with a quote engine to sell
aca plans. and I am in Texas. And someone from california goes to my site, can they buy a plan.

If you are looking to sell in multiple states with ACA business you will need to check whether that state is a federal or state-run marketplace. States that use Healthcare.gov require you go through a training on their system and that you receive a certificate of completion. State-run exchanges usually require that you go through a separate training for their specific system.

Once you go through the proper training all you need is a resident/non-resident license active to sell in that state.

Back