Just Got Licensed, Need Help Taking the Right Route......

crabtrap

Expert
Hello-

I appreciate all of the help that this forum give to Insurance agents and especially the seasoned agents who reach out and help, "paying it forward".

I got out of the health care industry due to the exhorbitant amount of fraud and misrepresentation of providers and I am getting into insurance to help people make informed and good decisions to protect themselves and families from financial ruin and economic hardship from disaster, primarily medical.

I would like to work for myself and sell primarily health insurance to start off and move on to just a few other products but be GREAT at those product and help people. What I am finding out is that there are quite a few sharks in the water after new agents and trying to get me to sign a contract without any knowledge of their product and what they sell. Major, red flags.

What is the best way to get started selling primarily health insurance, ofering multiple carriers and selling what is best for the client?

Thank you for your responses. :)

There are many different routes according to your place in life...do you have reserve $ to help you get started...all that kind of stuff... My advice is to spend a week (at least) on this site reading all you can using the search feature. Then come back with more specific questions if you can't find the answer. There are no easy answers for new guys like us on here. You have to research and find what is right for you. Some of these guys on here are seasoned pros and they see people like us come and go. Some give great advice, some just bloviate. Happy hunting.

I have had some success selling so far. I just am looking to sell multiple lines of just a few products centering around health insurance. I know health insurance extremely well and would like to sell high end health insurance.

I sold general lines and closed the vast majority of clients, just learning the game and looking for a good mentor.

Back