Just Passed Health Accident & Life. in IA

IowaProducer

Passed both exams last week.
Applying for licenses tomorrow.

Originally intended selling health & life for a local company my brother works for. But after hearing some of the rules and doing some reading here. I'm unsure what to do.

If fired, or quit:
-All contracts stay with owner
-Can't sell for two years in the area
-Commissions are lower than normal (?) just what I was told.

As I plan on doing my own (thing) later on, the whole 2 year rule worries me.

I've read a little on FE, working from home, and other entries. But really not sure which route to go.

Can I start on my own, today, with a low budget, apply with companies to represent and start selling now?

I'm confident I can SELL the right/quality products to the right audience.

I've seen a lot about leads, they seem really pricey. Say a guy could generate his own leads, that were quality. Could I contact companies to reprensent and start digging in?

In other words, can I start tomorrow from my house, with a low budget and still have a shot at making some decent money?

If not, What would you recommend.

I see a lot of call centers are hiring in my area, along with a bunch of other agent positions.

I'd like to sell either life, and health or one of the other. What ever has the biggest pay out really.

Little confused, any tips or advice would be great.

Thanks every one !

Find a good FMO for either Life or Health. Pick one get good at it and then branch out. Most call center jobs are not much better but with you being so new you might need some in depth training. There are some really good FE trainers/FMOS/etc on the forum.

Back