Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance

Reply to Just Started Selling Final Expense     
Old 12-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #11
Guru

State: jdeasy is an Insurance Agent from Kentucky
jdeasy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Just Started Selling Final Expense Re: Just Started
Originally Posted by Bozack23 View Post
The leads I have are aged direct mail leads and are 4 years old. I got them really cheap. I wanted something a little fresher but that's what was available in my area. I went in thinking this will be good practice for my door approach and hopefully get to do a few presentations and then I write the first guy that lets me in!! Should be all down hill from here, right?

J.D., I hear you on the appointments being so far out. I tried to set everyone for tomorrow or Saturday but no takers. I will be calling Monday to confirm those appointments.

Early in my career I did that too. It's take s while to find out that is not an efficient use of time. That was the hardest thing for me to learn in this business, to say no to the person that said they could see me in 3 days or next week.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Just Started Selling Final Expense
Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
Guru
shonceman on Just Started Selling Final Expense

State: shonceman is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Just Started Selling Final Expense
Originally Posted by joshuaejones1

Even if they've moved, I would build some rapport with the current resident, something simple will work, like what kinda flowers are those...they really caught my eye as I walked up (people love talking about themselves) then transition into something like "We'll, John (make sure you've gotten their name) while I have you here, and then intro into a cold call sales pitch.
"Cold call sales pitch": One approach is to ask them "who do you have your life insurance with?" 9 times out of 10 they'll tell you, then you just take it from there.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:26 PM   #13
Expert
robriggs on Just Started Selling Final Expense

State: robriggs is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Just Started Selling Final Expense Re: Just Started Selling Final Expense
I'd also love to know where/how you got the leads. Direct Mail? Telemarketing? Did you use a specific provider? PM if it's not appropriate to post here...
Reply to Just Started Selling Final Expense 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance